The Ha Long-Hai Phong Expressway, which opened Saturday after three years of construction, will also reduce travel time between Ha Long and the northern port city of Hai Phong from two hours to 30 minutes. Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc, who attended the expressway’s opening ceremony, said the new expressway will promote connectivity in the Hanoi-Hai Phong-Ha Long triangle and open up opportunities for socio-economic development in the area. Built at a cost of VND13 trillion ($556 million), the 24.6-kilometer (15.3-mile) Ha Long-Hai Phong Expressway connects National Highway 18 in Ha Long’s Dai Yen Ward with the Hanoi-Hai Phong Expressway in Hai Phong’s Hai An District. While most of the road was constructed using the state budget, the Hai Phong end of the expressway, including a VND7.27-trillion bridge across the Bach Dang River, was built using the build-operate-transfer (BOT) model. The four lane, 5.4-km long bridge, with a 3.5-km span above the river, is 25 meters wide. It is designed with three H-shaped towers representing Hanoi, Hai Phong and Ha Long. Phuc said the Bach Dang Bridge was a proud breakthrough for Vietnam, being the first cable-stayed bridge made in the country. Work on the Ha Long-Hai Phong Expressway began… Read full this story
- Vietnamese deli Ha Long Cafe to bring banh mis, vermicelli noodles to downtown Charleston
- Memorial Day Weekend one of the busiest travel times of the year
- New Haven battalion chief arrested for second time this year
- Fed Cuts Interest Rates for First Time Since 2008 Crisis
- New mom Stacy Lewis has company on tour
- New Zealand cuts benchmark interest rate to lowest-ever 1%
- VA clinic in Salem plagued with long wait times for new patients
- Donatella Versace Has Long Been a Gay Icon. Now It’s Official.
- Malaysia cuts interest rate for first time in 3 years
- Trump considers new tax cut to boost US economy
New expressway cuts Hanoi -Ha Long travel time by half have 320 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at September 1, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.