Back to English Comments Culture & Arts – September 23, 2018 | 08:31 pm GMT+7 I have to start with a cliché. It was a magical time. As a child, there were so many things that I loved about this day, the fifteenth day of the eighth lunar month, but the heart of it all was the colorful lantern. I am talking about the traditional red cellophane lantern, not the plastic ones, or the “fancy” ones that rule the market today.My soul warmed as the candle was placed inside the lantern and it gave off this warm, orange light. The glow was within, too. If it did not rain, all the children in the neighborhood would get out and walk in an impromptu lantern parade, compare their lanterns and take turns to “play” with many of them.Today’s lanterns are multicolored and some are even battery operated, giving off these mechanical noises.Nothing to beat the candle-lit red lantern, I would say.Then there were the mooncakes. I loved the traditional baked ones though I have no complaint about the new flavors. I’m not a big fan of the animal shaped ones, or the white sticky rice ones, which I always begged my parents… Read full this story
- The Steam Game Festival is returning in October with more demos
- Steam's demo-packed Game Festival is returning this fall
- Consolidating solidarity through the circle of Xoe dance
- Strictly Come Dancing have majority of 2020 stars signed up including Jamie Laing
- The UK showed us what the future of music festivals could look like during and after coronavirus
- Kylie Jenner is 23! The makeup mogul gets warm birthday wishes from her family: 'You have the biggest heart'
- Steam Game Festival: Autumn Edition coming in October with a more focused demo selection
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s naagin dance for child actor on Sonchiriya sets goes viral, watch throwback video
- Krishna Janmashtami 2020: Recipes to try at home this festive season
- Emmy-Nominated Filmmaker Nicole Kassell On The “Fine Line To Dance” In ‘Watchmen’ Pilot – Crew Call Podcast
Mid-Autumn Festival: when my soul warmed up and danced - VnExpress International have 348 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at September 23, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.