Manchester City had six brave new squad members as the men’s and women’s teams had their annual team photoshoots at the City Football Academy.
The children, who are all receiving ongoing treatment at the Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital for a range of illnesses, were welcomed as honorary team members for the day as they lined up alongside their heroes for team photos.
City presented the six children, aged between six and eleven, with brand-new home kits and a range of gifts.
Players signed the shirts for the City-mad youngsters, and two of them even had the chance to have a kick around with some of the women’s team.
Left-back Benjamin Mendy was pictured making jokes and pulling faces with the children, who admitted they had a brilliant time.
Blake, a patient at the Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital, said: “When I was told that I’d be part of the official team photo I was so excited!
“To meet Leroy Sane and the rest of the team was a fantastic experience. I had such a great day, thank you!”
Donna O’Reilly, Senior Community Fundraising Officer for Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital Charity added:
“We’d like to extend a big thank you to Manchester City for inviting some of our patients to be a part of their official team photo.
“The children absolutely loved being welcomed by all the players and had an unforgettable day, giving them memories they will treasure forever.”
“The club are always thinking of our patients and different ways to give them a treat whilst going through difficulties at hospital. We are extremely grateful for all the support they’ve showed us over the years.”
After the photograph, the youngsters were surprised with tickets for Manchester City’s next Premier League home fixture, which for some would be their first time seeing the team in action at the Etihad Stadium.
- Man City vs Aston Villa match preview: Prediction, team news, injuries and line-up
- Premier League table: Every team compared to 2018/19 – Man Utd and Arsenal underperforming
- Any hope for Man United vs. Liverpool? Man City to slip up again?
- ‘We’ve blown it’ - Man City legend Horlock reveals inside story of 1999 Gillingham final
- Crystal Palace vs Man City live stream and TV channel: How to watch Premier League clash
- Man City vs Atalanta match preview: Prediction, team news, injuries and line up
- Man City vs Aston Villa LIVE: Confirmed team news and Premier League updates from Etihad
- Premier League fixtures predicted by experts: Bad news for Man City, Man Utd vs Liverpool
- Man City fans troll Liverpool over keeping Premier League record - ‘The greatest ever’
- Man City star John Stones urged to join Real Madrid because he is ‘too good’ for Arsenal
- Man City vs Aston Villa live stream, TV channel: How to watch Premier League match
- Transfer Talk: Man City join the chase for rising star Haaland
- LIVE Transfer Talk: Man City join the chase for rising star Haaland
- Man City legend Kevin Horlock opens up on how Pep Guardiola has built ‘the complete team’
- Man Utd served up Man City warning about Liverpool as Solskjaer handed advice on tactics
- De Bruyne, Stones ready for Man City's Palace trip
- Pep Guardiola sets Champions League challenge as Man City boss explains past early exits
- Sterling 9/10, Aguero 8/10 in Man City's easy win vs. Atalanta
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola makes Liverpool joke over Premier League Christmas fixtures
- Man City team news: Predicted 4-3-3 line up vs Crystal Palace – De Bruyne, Aguero decision
Man City unveil 2018/19 team photographs with a difference have 605 words, post on www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk at September 24, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.