Sep 25, 2018Liam BrickhillFacebookTwitterFacebook MessengerPinterestEmailprintCricket South Africa’s relaunched T20 tournament will be broadcast exclusively on the terrestrial, state-owned broadcaster SABC, and has been named the “T20 Cricket League”. CSA and the SABC have announced a joint partnership for the new league, giving the SABC exclusive official broadcast rights for the Sub-Saharan region.”This is a landmark moment for cricket in South Africa,” CSA chief executive Thabang Moroe said. “For the first time South Africa’s premier public broadcaster will have exclusive rights to a major cricket event.”The announcement adds an interesting new chapter to a saga that has rumbled on for more than 18 months, particularly as the SABC has not broadcast domestic cricket for many years. When the first edition of the now defunct T20 Global League was initially pitched as the brainchild of former CSA CEO Haroon Lorgat last year, an initial stumbling block – and part of the reason for Lorgat’s eventual downfall – were concerns over a TV deal. In September 2017, shortly before his departure, Lorgat suggested that SuperSport may be the only viable broadcast partner.The inaugural season of the T20 league was then delayed as CSA was unable to secure a broadcast deal or title sponsor… Read full this story
- DC Officially Relaunching 'Justice League'
- Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju on IPL 2020 Future, Says 'Fate of T20 League Can be Decided After April 15'
- IPL Governing Council to meet on March 14 to decide on T20 league's fate amid coronavirus fear
- COVID-19: Ganduje to address state-wide broadcast today
- Training costs at state-owned schools no longer low
- Diversified approach to reap rewards for State-owned firms
- Obama targets foreign hackers and state-owned companies over cyber-attacks
- Uganda's state-owned airline suspends flights over COVID-19 outbreak
- Who is the MVP across all T20 leagues over the last 12 months?
- Crazy opening 21 minutes sees FIVE goals in bonkers clash as Spurs knock Man City out of Champions League on record breaking night
CSA relaunch T20 league in partnership with state-owned broadcaster SABC have 330 words, post on www.espncricinfo.com at September 25, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.