A women harvests avocado in the Central Highlands province of Dak Nong. — VNA/VNS Photo The banking sector needs solutions to provide more funding for agriculture and rural areas to ensure sustainable development, according to experts. The statement was made at the workshop ‘Pro-poor Rural and Agriculture Finance Best Practices: Experiences of Viet Nam’ held by the Viet Nam Bank for Social Policies (VBSP), the Asia-Pacific Rural and Agricultural Credit Association and the International Fund for Agriculture Development in Ha Noi on Wednesday. The Party, the Government and the banking sector have always paid special attention to finance for farming areas in Viet Nam, Dao Minh Tu, deputy governor of the State Bank of Viet Nam (SBV) told the workshop. In addition, the Government and the SBV have directed preferential credit programmes for agriculture and countryside areas in domestic credit institutions, he said. Since 2006, credit programmes of the banking sector for agriculture, rural areas and the poor have been a key part of Viet Nam’s poverty reduction policies. “Therefore, the credit from the banking sector and other sources has helped Viet Nam achieve the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) in hunger elimination and poverty reduction in 2002, 13 years earlier… Read full this story
- How the World Bank Can Stop Funding Disaster
- Government shutdown, Los Angeles teachers return to work: 5 things to know Wednesday
- Furloughed federal employees get groceries from Las Cruces food bank during shutdown
- Despite Tariffs, American Farmers Still Support Trump
- This Agricultural Guide On A Phone Helps Increase Developing-World Farmers’ Yields
- Is the World Bank Group Above the Law?
- Shopping in Pyongyang, and Other Adventures in North Korean Capitalism
- Zimbabwe Has 5 Currencies but No Plan to Address Its Crisis
- Strong Hiring and Fed Chief’s Reassurance on Rates Delight Investors
- Arizona faces unresolved issues as lawmakers prepare to take up Colorado River drought plan
Banking sector works on funding for farmers have 317 words, post on bizhub.vn at September 6, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.