HCM City (VNA) – The People’s Committee of Ho Chi Minh City held a ceremony on August 1 to celebrate the 45th anniversary of Vietnam-Singapore diplomatic ties.
Addressing the event, Vice Chairman of the municipal People’s Committee Huynh Cach Mang highlighted the continuous growth over the past 45 years of the two countries’ relations in all fields, especially after the ties were lifted to a strategic partnership level in September 2013.
Ho Chi Minh City is proud to contribute to the fine relations through the active implementation of cooperative programmes with Singapore in various fields, Mang said.
According to him, economic cooperation has been a bright spot in Ho Chi Minh City’s ties with Singapore which is the largest investor and second biggest trade partner of the city.
Cooperative programmes in education, and socio-culture have been carried out effectively, thus helping nurture the bilateral solidarity and friendship.
He affirmed that Ho Chi Minh City wants to further develop the relationship, particularly in trade, investment, education, culture, science and technology so as to consolidate the Vietnam-Singapore Strategic Partnership, for solidarity, friendship and interests of the two peoples and for peace, stability, and development in the region and the world.
Singaporean Consul General in Ho Chi Minh City Leow Siu Lin expressed her delight at Singapore’s top position among foreign investors in the city with over 1,100 projects totalling 10.5 billion USD, mainly in real estate and infrastructure.
The country wants to expand its collaboration with the largest economic hub of Vietnam to new areas such as smart technology, she said, adding that its experienced and competent businesses can cooperate with the city in developing and applying smart technologies in urban planning.
She took the occasion to thank municipal authorities and offices for their support and collaboration, especially through the organisation of activities to mark the 45th anniversary of bilateral diplomatic ties such as a painting contest for students, and a Singapore food festival.
She showed her belief that the relations between Singapore and Ho Chi Minh City will continued its progress towards a new height.-VNA
- HCM City steps up inspections of fake, smuggled goods
- HCM City cracks the whip to speed up public spending
- Price ties Habs' mark for goalie wins in downing Kings
- Mark Davis: City of Oakland’s lawsuit “meritless and malicious”
- Barkov ties team mark with 5 assists in Panthers' win
- Lightning move one win from tying NHL mark
- Epic tie for Millers: Stoke City 2-2 Rotherham United
- Volvo World Golf Challenge comes to Vietnam
- Vietnam dominate at int’l boxing event
- Leroy Sane comes off bench to change game as 10-man Man City come from behind to beat Schalke