Vietnam M&A Forum 2018 began its 10th annual edition today in Ho Chi Minh City, welcoming the attendance of Deputy Prime Minister Vuong Dinh Hue and leading experts from Vietnam and overseas.
Vietnam M&A Forum 2018 celebrates its 10th anniversary on August 8
This afternoon, the 10th Vietnam M&A Forum, organised by Vietnam Investment Review and AVM Vietnam, took place in Ho Chi Minh City.
The event was joined by Deputy Prime Minister Vuong Dinh Hue, as well as 18 speakers and 500 senior leaders from government agencies, organisations, leading businesses, and investment funds from both Vietnam and overseas.
Vietnam M&A Forum 2018, under the theme “New Thrust. New Era,” takes place as M&A activities in Vietnam are entering a new period of growth, with promises of great opportunities for investors in Vietnam and abroad. The Vietnamese government is striving to launch a comprehensive set of solutions that can push the economy forward in a sustainable manner.
“M&A is becoming an attractive source of investment, as well as an important part of Vietnam’s economic restructuring, pushing the efficiency and competitiveness of the economy and businesses in the country. We want to hear from the investors and businesses about what the Vietnamese government can do to support the economy and M&A activities,” said DPM Hue.
According to DPM Hue, the Vietnamese government is working hard to create a transparent and supportive business environment, raising the quantity and quality of M&A activities in Vietnam, fitting in with the general growth direction of the economy.
In this new era of growth, the Vietnamese market of nearly 100 million people continues to draw in capital from all over the world. At the same time, market regulators in Vietnam are launching new policies to support M&A activities.
For the past 10 years, M&A has become a powerful tool to lead capital flows from low-efficiency sectors to more profitable destinations. Between 2009 and 2018, the total deal value reached $48.8 billion with thousands of transactions. In 2017 alone, the value of M&A deals stood at $10.2 billion, setting up a new record.
vietnam ma forum 2018 opens 10th edition
With support from the Ministry of Planning and Investment, throughout the past 10 years Vietnam M&A Forum has become an open discussion platform on M&A for regulators, experts, businesspeople, and investors. The forum also connects businesses and investors from both Vietnam and overseas, bringing them together for new opportunities.
“In the past decade, Vietnam M&A Forum has welcomed 500 guest speakers from Vietnam and abroad, connecting 5,000 investors and helping with the success of 4,000 deals,” said Le Trong Minh, editor-in-chief of VIR and head of the Organising Committee for the forum.
This afternoon’s event consists of guest speeches and three panel discussions, focusing on the most urgent issues of M&A activities. DPM Hue will join the discussions, together with leading M&A experts and businesses.
To provide a summary of the past decade of M&A in Vietnam, the forum will also include an awards ceremony for the top M&A deals and advisory firms of 2017 and 2018 during the Gala Dinner, slated to begin right after the forum ends this evening.
In honour of the 10th anniversary of Vietnam M&A Forum, the organisers will also announce the “Top 100 M&A deals of the decade,” and the “Top 10 firms with the best M&A strategy.”
After the forum, the organisers will also hold a Master Class on M&A Strategy on August 9 and 10, led by international strategy experts who have years of experience in doing M&A.
Together with the forum, VIR has published the Vietnam M&A Outlook 2018 Special Publication in order to provide a comprehensive and systematic look at the M&A market in Vietnam, including statistics, data, and insights, as well as forecasts for the market in the coming years.
- Sports Late Iraq goal steals draw for brave Vietnam in Asian Cup opener The small things in Vietnam
- Sports Late Iraq goal steals draw for brave Vietnam in Asian Cup opener Simplicity of life in Vietnam
- Sports Late Iraq goal steals draw for brave Vietnam in Asian Cup opener Vietnamese consumers warned about new e-commerce scam
- Sports Late Iraq goal steals draw for brave Vietnam in Asian Cup opener Vietnam to launch maiden Memory Championships in April
- Sports Late Iraq goal steals draw for brave Vietnam in Asian Cup opener The color of incense in Vietnam
- Sports Late Iraq goal steals draw for brave Vietnam in Asian Cup opener Life after leprosy in Vietnam
- Sports Doan Nguyen Duc the quiet hero of Vietnam’s football 2018 – the year that was in Tuoi Tre photos
- GTPlanet’s New Gran Turismo 6 Forum Now Open
- BMW Malaysia akan pasang 3 Series, 5 Series dan 7 Series untuk eksport ke Vietnam, Filipina mulai 2018
- BMW Malaysia to assemble BMW 3 Series, 5 Series and 7 Series for export to Vietnam, Philippines in 2018