Vietnam ended their historic run in the 2018 AFC Futsal Club Championship with a final defeat against Iran in Indonesia on Sunday.
Vietnam's Thai Son Nam won the silver medals, their best result since 2015, after losing 2-4 to Mes Sungun of Iran in the final match.
The Vietnamese club started the final game with confidence and scored the first goal just five minutes into the match, before Mes Sungun staged a comeback with two consecutive goals.
Thai Son Nam managed to equalize just before half-time, but the Iranian players dominated the second half, scoring two more goals to settle the game at 4-2.
Despite the defeat, Thai Son Nam's second-place finish is their best at an AFC Futsal Club Championship so far. They previously finished third at both the events in 2015 and 2017.
At the Indonesia tournament, the Southeast Asian country made history after their 6-5 victory over Lebanon’s Bank of Beirut in the semifinal on August 10, having earlier beaten strong Asian rivals including Al-Dhafra of the UAE, Iraq's Naft Al-wassat, and South Korean Jeonju MAG.
The 2018 AFC Futsal Club Championship was the ninth edition of the AFC Futsal Club Championship, an annual international tournament in Asia organized by the Asian Football Confederation (AFC).
Attended by 16 teams, it was held in Yogyakarta, Indonesia from August 1 to 12.
- Cumberland Valley finishes second at 2019 PIAA Spirit Championships; see other results
- How Rex Burkhead personified the Patriots' up-and-down season and delivered the AFC title
- Mellinger Minutes: Here comes the first AFC Championship Game to be played in KC
- Rob Gronkowski comes up big in Pats’ AFC title game win
- Rob Gronkowski comes up big for Patriots in AFC title game win
- Scouting the Patriots-Chiefs AFC Championship Game
- Patriots Are Back in AFC Title Game
- AFC playoff teams feature football’s youngest QBs and their most decorated
- Texans defeat Jaguars in season finale, win AFC South
- Kansas City rolls past Indianapolis Colts, advances to AFC Championship game: Game recap, score, stats
- Patriots demolish Chargers, set up AFC Championship showdown with Chiefs
- Keegan: Gronkowski comes up big in Pats’ AFC title game win
- Mount Pleasant Track Club boasts nine All-Americans at nationals
- Once 0-3, Houston Texans earn 11th victory to clinch AFC South crown
- Julian Edelman: New England Patriots to face Kansas City Chiefs, ‘the best team in the AFC’
- Records fall at BIIF diving and swimming championships
- Concord boys’ XC, MacKenzie finish 7th in New England; MV freshman takes 2nd
- Division I Swimming championships: Jesuit boys and Mandeville girls finish strong
- Portland Timbers play Sporting Kansas City to scoreless draw in first leg of Western Conference Championship series
- Girls’ high schools: Brady, Stark advance to Capital Area championship
Vietnam finish second at AFC Futsal Club Championship have 446 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at August 13, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.