Donald Trump has issued the latest barb in his spat with NBA star LeBron James, responding to an interview the basketballer did with CNN in which he accused the US president of trying to divide the country along racial lines.
In an interview with CNN’s Don Lemon aired earlier in the week, the LA Lakers star said Trump had stirred racial tensions in US sports in an attempt to “divide” the nation.
Trump hit back in a tweet on Friday night in which he mocked James.
The ‘I like Mike’ conclusion to the tweet was in reference to the debate over whether Michael Jordan or James should be considered the NBA’s all-time greatest.
Trump and James have long traded jibes on social media.
The four-time NBA MVP, 33, branded the US leader“a bum” after he rescinded an invitation for NBA champions the Golden State Warriors to visit the White House last year, amid doubts over whether some players – including star man Stephen Curry – would attend.
Last season no invitation was extended, with Curry and James saying that whoever won the NBA finals between their respective teams, the Golden State Warriors and Cleveland Cavaliers, neither set of players would be going because “no one wants the invite anyway.”
Trump and James have also clashed over the NFL anthem protests over perceived racial injustice in the US.
The US leader has criticized players who ‘take a knee’ during the playing of the anthem, calling for them to be banned or fired.
James has said that Trump “doesn’t understand the power that he has for being the leader of this beautiful country.”
- LeBron James and the Frankness of the NBA
- Lebron James Says He 'May Not Have Any Closure' If NBA Season Is Canceled Because of Coronavirus Pandemic
- Andrew Cuomo threatens to end CNN interview after brother Chris unveils a VERY unflattering family photo of the governor sporting a patterned blouse as a teen
- Kevin Durant says comments about him and LeBron James by news pundit were 'racist'
- LeBron James calls Donald Trump the 'so-called President' at charity event
- NBA All-Star Game: LeBron James wins MVP, falls 2 assists shy of triple-double
- Trump tweets mock video of him beating CNN, sparks criticism
- Donald Trump Jr. Pleads Ignorance in Embarrassing ‘Hannity’ Interview
- Trump Retweets Call To Fire Dr. Anthony Fauci After CNN Interview
- Trump mocks critics of daily press briefings: ‘Trump Derangement Syndrome!’
- This NFL Player's Response to Trump's ‘Son of a Bitch’ Comment Is Stunning
- CNN’s Acosta: Trump Had a ‘Meltdown’ — He Was Out of Control ‘Ranting and Raving’
- Donald Trump Jr. Is the Trump Campaign’s Worst Surrogate
- ‘This Has to be a Joke’: Twitter Mocks Members of Trump’s New ‘Council to Re-Open America’
- Jenna Bush Hager Says She 'Adores' Kids She Taught in Baltimore Amid Trump's Rant About the City
- Hollywood Erupts After Trump Halts The WHO Funding: ‘F**ing Moron’
- 'How is Chris? Is he doing okay?' Andrew Cuomo says Trump frequently asks him about his coronavirus-stricken brother as governor praises the president for 'delivering for New York' and reveals he has cried during crisis
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump, ‘wartime’ pandemic leader or ‘backup’?
- Don Cheadle Tells Trump: ‘Die In a Grease Fire’
- Jimmy Fallon, Stephen Colbert and Conan O’Brien Team Together to Mock Trump in Biting Skit
Trump mocks LeBron James in Twitter rant over CNN interview have 575 words, post on www.rt.com at August 4, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.