To the sporting world and largely beyond, he’s King James, but to President Trump, LeBron James’ is no intellectual genius.
In a tweet, Trump took aim at two of his regular critics, James and cable TV news personality Don Lemon. His tweet called Lemon the “the dumbest man on television,” and then said Lemon “made LeBron look smart, which isn’t easy to do.”
Trump finished the tweet with “I like Mike!” an apparent reference to favoring NBA legend Michael Jordan in a comparison with James as perhaps the best NBA player ever.
James — who last month announced his decision to leave the Cleveland Cavaliers for a second time, this time to come to Los Angeles and play for the Lakers — gave an interview with Lemon on Monday, in large part to tout a new elementary school in his hometown of Akron, Ohio.
The school, which is a joint effort of the LeBron James Family Foundation and Akron Public Schools, will benefit at-risk children.
During the sit-down, James spoke of sports as something that unites people, and added that the president was “using sports to kinda divide us.”
Trump has repeatedly and strongly criticized the NFL in particular for not punishing players who kneel during the national anthem in a form of protest.
“Sports has never been something that divides people,” James said during the interview. “It’s always been something that brings someone together.”
James has previously criticized Trump on several occasions, publicly supporting Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton before the 2016 election and calling Trump a “bum” in September 2017, after the president rescinded an invitation to the Golden State Warriors to visit the White House after winning the NBA title.
“Going to the White House was a great honor until you showed up!” James tweeted at the time.
Trump’s first comments about the NFL and players who protest during the anthem came later that month.
–Field Level Media
- Petition calling for LeBron James to be education secretary amasses thousands of supporters
- Trump's Tweets May Have Sunk His Travel Ban
- Why wouldn’t LeBron James answer question about unfollowing Cavaliers on Twitter?
- LeBron James says Daryl Morey was “not educated on the situation” with China Tweet
- In Hong Kong, protesters burn LeBron James jersey at “Stand with Morey” rally
- 'Why are you so obsessed with me?' Hillary Clinton mocks Trump by tweeting 'Mean Girls' clip after he trolls her with his 'regrets' that there won't be a 2020 rematch
- Rumor: LeBron James could return to Heat if Cavaliers win championship
- Report: LeBron James told Adam Silver that NBA should speak on China issues before players do
- If America’s Rapinoe, LeBron James were Nigerian players . . .
- Trump Administration Abandons Census Citizenship Question After Supreme Court Defeat
- ‘Atypical’ Actor Michael Rapaport Calls Trump a ‘Desperate D*ck Stain’ for MAGA Challenge
- Michael Rapaport Attacks Laura Ingraham over LeBron Comments: ‘Dribble These Nuts B***h’
- Donald Trump replaces US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson with Mike Pompeo
- Virgil: The Deep State vs. Donald Trump
- Bob Woodward's book describes a dysfunctional Trump White House
- Donald Trump slams Bob Woodward book
- What You Need to Know About Trump’s Crowdstrike Conspiracy Theory
- Omarosa Interview: 'Charlottesville Was My Breaking Point' With Donald Trump
- President Trump's Lies Are Finally Called Out in Rare Statement From U.S. Intelligence Community Watchdog
- Donald Trump, who praised WikiLeaks 141 times, now has 'no opinion' on Julian Assange
Trump Aims Tweet at LeBron James, Questions His Intelligence have 552 words, post on www.newsmax.com at August 4, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.