Quang Tri to take action to promote “bai choi” A performance of “bai choi” singing The People’s Committee of central Quang Tri province has adopted a plan to preserve and promote the intangible cultural heritage of “bai choi” activities from 2018-2023. Accordingly, Quang Tri will spend about 1.8 billion VND (77,500 USD) on a set of measures to preserve and promote the traditional art form, including organising classes for young people on the practice of “bai choi”; supporting artisans, clubs, and communities performing “bai choi”; and promoting “bai choi” as a traditional art for cultural and tourism development. Since 1990, “bai choi” festivals have been recreated across villages in Quang Tri, for example in Tung Luat and Co My villages in Vinh Giang, Vinh Linh, as well as in Ngo Xa Tay village in Trieu Trung, Trieu Phong. The practice has mostly been passed down orally through the generations. However, most “bai choi” artisans are now quite old, putting the art at risk of sliding into oblivion. In December last year, the art of “bai choi” was awarded UNESCO status in the 12th session of the Intergovernmental Committee for the Safeguarding of Intangible Cultural Heritage held in Jeju Island in… Read full this story
- That's what socialism gets you! Trump mocks Venezuela's collapse and says Democrats want to tax '70 per cent, twice that' in dig at Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
- Love Island's Montana Brown defends grieving for pal Mike Thalassitis on social media
- Mother, 24, who threw her own BABY at a policewoman and left the officer with life-changing injuries is spared prison
- REVEALED: 'Egg Girl', 24, is a tattooed retail worker who slammed Scott Morrison on Facebook before she 'attacked him at a country women's event' - as she is charged with 'assault AND possessing cannabis'
- 'My family will kill me': Saudi woman, 24, fleeing to Australia to 'escape a forced marriage' makes desperate plea for help after she was held in the Philippines for 13 hours and deported
- Shocking moment hit-and-run driver, 31, races at 90mph in a 30mph zone moments before killing French entrepreneur, 24, as he is jailed for ten years
- Mr Men book caught up in sexism row after student, 24, accuses Mr Clever of 'mansplaining' to Little Miss Curious
- These Charities Are Fighting the Good Fight on Social Justice
- Facebook removed 1.5m videos of New Zealand terror attack in first 24 hours
- Maxim swimsuit model, 24, claims she can't get work after she came out as a Trump supporter and tried to lure Democrat Jews to the Republican Party
Social News 24/8 have 424 words, post on english.vietnamnet.vn at August 23, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.