President Tran Dai Quang The trips are made at the invitation of Ethiopian President Mulatu Teshome and Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi. Vietnam and Ethiopia established diplomatic ties on March 23, 1976. The bilateral long-standing relations have been growing at a steady rate. Ethiopia supported Vietnam’s candidacy for the UNESCO Executive Council (2015-2019) and United Nations’ Economic and Social Council (2016-2018). In April 2014, Ethiopia recognised Vietnam’s market economy status. Recently, Ethiopia affirmed its support for Vietnam’s bid to run for a non-permanent seat at the UN Security Council for the 2020-2021 tenure. The two sides have inked a framework agreement on cooperation in culture and another on collaboration in economy and science-technology, as well as a cooperation deal between the Vietnamese and Ethiopian Chambers of Commerce and Industry. Bilateral trade hit US$11.3 million in 2017, of which Vietnam exported US$2.2 million worth of goods, mainly garment-textiles, footwear, and chemical products. Telecom group Viettel plans to expand the investment and trade of telecom equipment to Ethiopia. It set up a representative office in Addis Ababa in August 2016. The visit to Ethiopia by President Quang is expected to create a historical milestone in bilateral relations as well as open up investment… Read full this story
- African Development Bank rolls out programme to boost climate risk financing and insurance for African countries
- Trump: First lady to visit 4 African countries in October
- East African law firm predicts key growth for African countries ready to invest in gaming
- Kenya Deports Chinese Man In Latest Case Of African Countries Getting Tough On Racists
- Report: African Countries Struggle to Contain Terror Groups
- President Khator looks to future in 11th annual Fall Address — The Cougar
- 'The President Show' Looks At The Fall Of Donald Trump In The Year 2030
- Was Jerry Jones Visit to the Museum of African-American History and Culture Just a PR Stunt?
- Billionaire was kidnapped in car from neighboring African country
- Trump rally updates: The president visits Arizona, stumps for McSally
President’s visit looks to boost traditional friendship with African countries have 338 words, post on english.vov.vn at August 23, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.