HCM City (VNA) – The southern economic hub of Ho Chi Minh City attracted more 4.69 billion USD in foreign direct investment ( FDI ) in the first seven months of 2018, a year-on-year rise of 70.5 percent.
According to the municipal Department of Planning and Investment, the city granted new investment licenses to 553 projects worth 508.25 million USD in the period under review. Besides, it also allowed 148 existing projects to increase capital by 453.38 million USD, a respective year-on-year increase of 27.6 percent and 13.3 percent.
Local authorities also approved 1,628 foreign investors to carry out procedures to contribute capital, purchase shares, and buy back capital of 3.73 billion USD contributed by domestic enterprises.
The Republic of Korea made up the lion's share of foreign investment in HMC City with 30 percent, followed by Singapore (22 percent), Norway (13.8 percent), and Japan (10.4 percent).
Investment was mainly poured into real estate (47.6 percent), science and technology (19.5 percent), wholesale and retail and repair of automobiles, motorcycles and other vehicles (8.1 percent), processing and manufacturing industry (7.7 percent), accommodation and catering services (4.2 percent).
In the January-July period, the city granted establishment licenses to 24,303 new domestic businesses with a total registered capital of 315 trillion VND (13.4 million USD), an annual rise of 5.8 percent and 6 percent respectively.-VNA
- HCM City’s District 3 among world’s coolest neighbourhoods
- Malaysian PM hammers $136b planned city
- Toyota pours $500 mn into driverless car tie-up with Uber
- Shrimp breeders expand production, seek to join global supply chains
- Different scenarios for VN-Index in Q4
- Prices of Grade A office space rise due to low supply
- The brief history of the month (Octorber)
- Edited Transcript of LADR earnings conference call or presentation 31-Jul-19 9:00pm GMT
- Iraqis blame poor infrastructure, corruption in Baghdad for water crisis
- Road toll revolt rolls over Rogaland
- Russia Fast Facts
- Daily Digest: Top news of Monday, Aug. 6
- Why Facebook is failing to curb hate speech against Rohingya in Myanmar
- Milking it: I spent a day on the farm and my nose may never recover
- Investors slow to follow H&M and Ikea into Ukraine
- On the hunt for Disease X, an undiscovered virus that could kill us all
- Massive clean-up begins as rains diminish in Kerala
- As Man United income continues to swell, are they really in crisis?
- Elon Musk: how Tesla troubles could impact Musk's space dreams
- Trump administration will double-down on its failed Afghanistan approach
Nearly 5 billion USD in FDI poured into HCM City have 379 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at August 1, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.