The event is being organized in association with the Blood Transfusion Hospital in HCMC at the Youth Cultural Center on Pham Ngoc Thach Street in District 1 between 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Incham, which represents the Indian business community in Vietnam, is celebrating 20 years of establishment this year.
Besides business and trade promotions, it conducts various charity events and cultural exchange events.
“We consider donating blood a social responsibility; it is a healthy practice and a profound gesture, wherein one can make a difference between life and death,” an Incham statement said.
“We realize that at every moment, someone in distress needs blood. She or he may be a cancer patient, someone who needs the vital fluid after childbirth/surgery, or the victim of an accident. Unfortunately, many such patients are not lucky to receive blood in time, with potentially fatal consequences.
“We want to make a difference to this situation with our annual blood donation drive,” it added.
You benefit, too
The Blood Transfusion Hospital of HCMC says anyone 18 years and above is eligible to donate blood if she/he is in good health and weighs at least 45 kilos.
Donating blood has many proven health benefits. It has been linked to a reduction in heart attack rates and cholesterol levels.
Regular blood donations also reduce the risk of cancer. Besides these health benefits, donors get a chance for a free health screening and blood testing for some major maladies.
Furthermore, Blood Transfusion Hospital of HCMC will issue all donors with a donor card and undertakes to provide an equal amount of blood donated free in a situation where the donor needs it. This card does not carry any time limit.
To become a donor, call +84911418132 or email [email protected], [email protected], or simply turn up at the venue in time. Incham called on “all residents of HCMC to make this important humanitarian initiative a great success, by participating personally and persuading colleagues, friends and family to donate blood as well.”
- World Cord Blood Day raises awareness about cord blood donations
- Legum & Norman Hosts Donation Drive for Local Humane Societies
- Lions Club Continues Record of Successful Blood Drives
- American Red Cross behind on blood donations in Vermont
- Government shutdown, winter storms slow pace of blood donations
- Cold weather increases need for blood donations
- Red Cross honors James Hinchcliffe for raising blood donation awareness
- Study shows a need to handle blood donations differently following tragedies
- Doc: Too much iron treated by regular blood donations
- JAG Nevada to Hold 3rd Annual Career Clothing Drive for High School Students