|Executives from auto companies that will be present at the 2018 Vietnam Motor Show in HCM City in October. VNS Photo|
The major names taking part include Audi, Chevrolet, Ford, Jaguar, Honda, Land Rover, Lexus, Maserati, Mercedes-Benz, Mitsubishi Motors, Nissan, Subaru, Toyota, Volkswagen, and Volvo.
There will also be many spare parts manufacturers and service providers.
Toru Kinoshita, chairman of VAMA, said: “The 2018 Vietnam Motor Show is expected to be a special exhibition. The purpose of this show is to better serve the diverse demand of customers, indicate the vision, the open mindset of and quick adaptation by car manufacturers and authorised importers.”
This year in the small passenger car segment, in addition to popular brands like Toyota and Honda, there will be new small-sized hatchback models of the Volkswagen Polo, Honda Jazz and Toyota Wigo.
The pick-up, crossover, MPV, and SUV segments will be represented by vehicles like the Chevrolet Colorado, Ford Ranger, Honda CR-V and HR-V, Mitsubishi Outlander and Pajero Sport, and Toyota Hilux or Fortuner.
There will also be plenty of luxury vehicles like the Q models of Audi; Mercedes SUV GLC – E – S models; Jaguar F-Pace, Land Rover Discovery, Discovery Sport, Range Rover, Range Rover Sport, Range Rover Evoque, and Range Rover Velar; and Volvo XC90 Inscription, V90 Cross Country, XC60 Inscription; and the seven-seater Lexus RX350L.
In the luxury sedan segment, Mercedes-Benz will display the E-Class, S-Class and Maybach; Lexus will introduce some new models; and Audi will introduce the TT.
For the first time in the history of the motor show, there will be a mobile app with the latest news about the exhibition, visitor support services, brands and car models exhibited.
Users can join games and surveys to get incentives from the organisers.
The Vietnam Motor Show organised by VAMA has always been the biggest car exhibition since 2002.
The event this year will be held from October 24 to 28 at the Sai Gon Exhibition and Convention Centre in District 7.
- HCM City steps up inspections of fake, smuggled goods
- HCM City cracks the whip to speed up public spending
- Sports Canada eager to develop ice hockey in tropical Ho Chi Minh City US, Vietnam discuss opportunities for aviation cooperation
- Hai Duong set to host Vietnam – Japan Friendship Golf Tournament
- Premier League best bets: Title favourites Manchester City host Chelesa as Bournemouth head to Liverpool
- Oklahoma City hosts Indiana, aims to break home slide
- Kansas City hosts division-rival Cleveland
- PL Sunday Preview: Man City hosts Chelsea in high-profile matchup
- Lifestyle Vintage cars, motorbikes on display in Ho Chi Minh City In Vietnam, man asked to pay $0.0085 in bank debt
- Hyderabad to host a motor sports workshop