A canal in the capital city of Hanoi. (Photo: VNA) Hanoi (VNA) – Hanoi’s environmental problems have been basically solved since the city made its administrative boundary adjustment in 2008. After the resolution of the National Assembly on the adjustment of Hanoi’s administrative boundaries ten years ago, the total area of natural land of the capital is nearly 335,000 hectares. As the largest ever city in the country, Hanoi faced enormous challenges in dealing with environmental pollution and ensuring a safe and healthy life for nearly 6.3 million citizens. Statistics showed that after 2008, Hanoi had 266 out of 1,350 villages causing serious environmental pollution with about 60,000 cu.m of wastewater discharged directly into the environment every day. Total daily discharge was over 300,000 cu.m, with one third of which being industrial wastewater. Most of industrial production establishments directly released wastewater into major rivers, making the majority of rivers and lakes in Hanoi polluted. With a high determination alongside comprehensive and scientific measures, the municipal authorities have effectively implemented the Prime Minister’s Decision on approving the plan to thoroughly handle establishments that seriously pollute the environment, considering this the top priority in preserving the capital’s environment. The municipal Department of… Read full this story
- Environmental pollution affects the scent of flowers, explaining the decline of various plant species and insect populations
- Punjab CM seeks political consensus to tackle air pollution in Delhi
- E.P.A. the Environmental Pollution Agency?
- Environmental pollution increases crime rate?
- Why the US military is the world’s largest polluter
- Pollution May Dim Thinking Skills, Study in China Suggests
- Air quality determined to be a leading environmental threat to public health
- Toxic pollutants in Michigan driving people out of their homes
- The skies are blue again in Beijing as pollution crackdown takes effect, but are polluters just migrating?
- Connecticut court rules against the EPA, forcing them to act to clean up air pollution caused by an old Pennsylvania coal plant
Hanoi exerts efforts to tackle environmental pollution have 335 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at August 6, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.