Ekta, who is launching two new actors –Avinash Tiwary and Tripti Dimri– in her upcoming production “Laila Majnu”, in the promotional events of the film has spoken about how she faced challenges to market her film with new faces.
In an Instagram post, Ekta once again talked about hiring “unknown talents who have no film legacy or star fathers or godfathers.”
Hota kya hai AHISTA ( i so agree …u fall hard and fast With love, comes the risk of heartbreak. But the mad ones don’t care ❤. Presenting #Aahista from #LailaMajnu. http://bit.ly/aahista @imtiazaliofficial @avitiw @tripti_dimri @arijitsingh @zeemusiccompany @preetyali #SajidAli @ruchikaakapoor #PIFilms @balajimotionpictures)
Ayesha, whose son Tiger made his Bollywood with “Heropanti” in 2014, shot back at Ekta, commenting, “It’s not a sin to have a star father my dear! Hard work and talent is the same no matter what caste, creed or lineage!”
Ekta, who is the daughter of veteran actor Jeetendra, argued that as a producer it is harder to make a film featuring outsiders.
“Not at all, ma’am! I have one, but you have to admit for a producer to sell market and turn around a film with newcomers is far tougher with no lineage attached ! This is no slight to any star kid least of all Tiger who is FANTASTIC! But a request to give other kids a chance too.”
At the trailer launch of “Laila Majnu” Ekta was asked about her take on nepotism, which started with Kangana Ranaut calling out Karan Johar for promoting star kids.
“I don’t do it. I don’t agree that it is only film industry’s problem because there is a whole world around it,” Ekta had said.
From Janhvi Kapoor To Ishaan Khattar: New Faces Ready To Take Over Bollywood In 2018
Fresh Faces Of 2018
From star children like Sara Ali Khan and Janhvi Kapoor to television stars like Ankita Lokhande and Mouni Roy and newcomers like Banita Sandhu – there are a lot of fresh faces who are going to begin their Bollywood innings this year. Here’s a list of names that are all set to make their Bollywood foray…
- 'Nothing can beat his josh': Vicky Kaushal meets Neetu & Rishi Kapoor in the US
- How women film-makers like Meghna Gulzar, Rima Das, Anjali Menon & Nandita Das are changing the face of Indian cinema
- How NOT to Inherit Your Weight and Eating Habits from Your Parents
- What To Do When It's Time to Break Up With A Family Member
- Lamar Odom Infidelity Confession By Khloe Kardashian
- 3 Easy Ways To Avoid Long Wait Times At the Doctor's
- Listen to Kanell & Bell
- A look at the best sports moments of 2019 so far
- E-Cigarettes Aren’t Nearly as Safe as You’ve Been Led to Believe
- Restore backed-up files to new machine with vhdmount
- Demi Lovato Wore Dreadlocks In A New Music Video—And People Are Pissed
- Looking ahead to the second half
- The Best Gyms
- The MH Interview: Chad Kroeger
- The Science Behind Pain
- As chances dwindle, Steelers' roster hopefuls keep the faith
- Half listening: A one-sided evaluation of AirPods
- Tips to Control Your Anger and Turn It Into a Positive Thing
- The 8 Moments That Keep Me From Killing My Kids
- Why I Quit the Fight Club
Ekta Kapoor, Tiger Shroff's mom have a heated argument on nepotism in Bollywood have 868 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at August 10, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.