Top 5 / Top 10
19 Aug 2018, 04:14 IST
SCORE: (Messi 64′, 92′; Coutinho 83′) Barcelona 3-0 Alaves
Barcelona took their time to get going in their opening fixture of LaLiga 2018/19 as Alaves stood firm till the hour mark, but it was LaLiga’s tormentor in chief who put the Catalans ahead with a subtly taken free-kick. Philippe Coutinho scored a brilliant second before the Argentine doubled his tally to join Morales atop the Pichichi Standings.
Barcelona took their first step towards retaining the title they won so comprehensively last season, losing only their final fixture in 38 league games. Valverde will be pleased with the three points but will look to properly oil his highly-efficient Barcelona machine.
Here are the Talking Points from the game:
#5 Dembele’s most crucial season
The Frenchman had caught the world’s imagination with some stellar performances in Germany with Borussia Dortmund before Barcelona swooped in with an offer none of the parties could refuse.
However, he has failed to hit the same heights ever since with mumblings in the press that the club is constantly looking to offload the player and cut his losses.
The manager showed his faith in the youngster and sided with him, handing him a start ahead of the other contenders but he failed to repay him with a good performance on the field. He will need to buck up if he wants to fight his way back from irrelevance and become a fixture in the manager’s plans.
Topics you might be interested in:
“Played 38, Won 26, Drawn 12, Lost exactly none!”
Fetching more content…
Fetching more content…
- Fati creates La Liga history as Barcelona beat Levante
- Barcelona Ex-Vice President Mestre Says He Would Re-Sign Neymar if Star ‘Acknowledges Mistake’
- Ousmane Dembele Shines As Barcelona Go Top Of La Liga With Win Over Villarreal
- Lionel Messi's Free-Kick Magic Keeps Barcelona On Top
- Barcelona's Neymar proposal to Paris Saint-Germain is a car boot offer, says Transfer Show panel
- Barcelona coach refuses to get "into Messi's life" after Abidal row
- Barcelona could hijack Man Utd’s Bruno Fernandes transfer and loan star to Valencia to push through Rodrigo move
- 2017 FIFA U-17 World Cup: Brazil vs Mail, England vs Spain — As it happened...
- India vs New Zealand: Lack of practice time has led to 'downward curve' in field, says coach R Sridhar
- Pete Buttigieg vs Donald Trump? Don't rule out this gay millennial mayor just yet
- Lionel Messi: Will Barcelona legend leave Nou Camp after bust-up?
- Revisiting Chelsea's night of injustice against Barcelona
- Mordhau patch notes & future content - Patch 7 analysis, new weapons, new map
- Alan Dershowitz Cannot Stop Talking
- What's more important in football: modern tactics or old school physicality?
- Real Madrid vs. Osasuna: La Liga prediction, pick, TV channel, live stream, watch online
- LSU proved offense wins championships as 2019 may have been a turning point for college football
- Three things we learned from Liverpool’s win vs. Chelsea
- Who rules the road? Fact-checking Ardern vs Bridges on infrastructure
- The Alavés miracle: ‘We know what lies behind it: the work, sacrifice and effort’
Barcelona vs Alaves: 5 Talking Points and Tactical Analysis have 492 words, post on www.sportskeeda.com at August 19, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.