Hanoi (VNA) – Traditional costumes and arts of ASEAN countries were performed at a programme in Hanoi on August 28 as part of activities to mark the 51st founding anniversary of ASEAN and 23 years of Vietnam’s membership.
The programme, held by the Vietnam Union of Friendship Organisations and the Hanoi Department of Culture and Sports, the event aimed to promote the building of a strong and closely connected ASEAN.
It was also a chance to foster friendship between Vietnam and member countries of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and strengthen solidarity of people in the ASEAN Community.
Addressing the event, Nguyen Lan Huong, head of the municipal Party Committee’s Commission of Mass Mobilisation, said that over the past 51 years, ASEAN has become a successful regional organisation with dynamic development, tight cooperation and close ties with many countries and world leading organisations.
The strength and prestige of the association have been increased, helping consolidate peace, stability and prosperity in the region, strengthening connectivity among members, enhancing the position of the grouping in the international arena, and laying foundation for further growth, she said.
Huong thanked the international community for supporting Vietnam in the process of integration and development, showing her hope that the friendship and comprehensive cooperation of ASEAN member countries will continue to develop.
During the programme, a show of ASEAN traditional costumes, along with 40 Vietnamese “ao dai” (traditional long dress) featuring the landscapes of ASEAN countries was held. Artists from the Hanoi Cheo (popular opera of Vietnam) Opera and amateur artists from the embassies of ASEAN countries in Hanoi also performed traditional songs and dances of their country.-VNA
- Emotion-Based Defensive Response - A Non-Traditional Martial Arts Approach to Self-Defense
- The Porsche Tradition of Quality Performance
- Vietnamese Art: Creating An Indelible Impression
- Sports Karate vs. Traditional Fighting - Why They Evolved The Way They Did And Employing Both
- Keep Your System Simple! Self-Defense And The Science Of Stress Performance
- The Americanization of the Martial Arts in the United States
- Modern Art a Conspiracy Part 2
- Martial Arts - Krav Maga
- Cracking The Martial Arts Code
- Evolution of Abstract Art