The scholarships were presented by Prof. Odon Vallet, Prof. Tran Thanh Van and his wife Prof. Le Kim Ngoc at a ceremony held on August 23 in Hanoi.
The Vallet Scholarship Fund was established in 2001 by Prof. Odon Vallet from France’s Sorbonne University through the Meeting Vietnam organisation founded by Prof. Tran Thanh Van and Prof. Le Kim Ngoc.
Minister of Education and Training, Phung Xuan Nha, present medals to Prof. Tran Thanh Van and his wife Prof. Le Kim Ngoc at the ceremony
Since its establishment, more than 32,250 Vallet scholarships worth over VND350 billion (USD 15.42 million) have been presented to students nation-wide, making it the biggest non-governmental scholarship fund in the country so far.
Addressing the ceremony, Prof. Odon Vallet revealed that 2,200 scholarships will be granted in 2018 with the first 500 given to students in the north.
“I hope that the outstanding students who received the scholarships will try more in their studying to achieve your dreams,” he said. “Don’t say thanks to me but say thanks to your parents and teachers who have helped you to get the scholarships.”
Speaking at the ceremony, minister of Education and Training, Phung Xuan Nha, highly appreciated the meaningful presents that the three professors are bringing to Vietnamese students.
“These will not only bring precious chances but great motivations for the students to continue their study,” the minister said. “We would like to extend our sincere gratitude and appreciation for your great contribution to the development of the education sector.”
- Future Fiat 500 and Panda designed by students
- Lucky 13? Indy 500 starting spot means everything to rookie
- Fresno State scholarship fund reaching critical point. How much trouble are Bulldogs in?
- Music Doing Good nonprofit’s applications for scholarships available
- Ohio Technical College Awards $202,000 in Scholarships to Finalists of Hot Rodders of Tomorrow Engine Challenge
- Employers step up with a new perk — help paying student loans
- Sports French-born tennis player dreams new career with Vietnamese nationality Houses, shops block sidewalks in Hanoi
- Engine Auction to Benefit SEMA Scholarship Fund
- Lifestyle Visitors taste pho in cold, rainy weather at Day of Pho in Hanoi Vietnamese consumers warned about new e-commerce scam
- Lifestyle Visitors taste pho in cold, rainy weather at Day of Pho in Hanoi Distance is no match for this Vietnamese couple