A paramedic on the scene told News 8 that the synthetic marijuana known as K2 is causing the overdoses.
New Haven Director of Emergency Operations Rick Fontana said that there have been no deaths related to these overdoses. All victims are being treated at area hospitals.
“We are doing our best to get people to the hospital in the safest and most practical and efficient manner. We’ve heard from people on the green that it potentially included PCP, and some of the reactions of the patients would suggest there was an opioid involved as well.”
This story is still developing. News 8 will update this story with new information as it becomes available.
- New Haven Weekend Weather Forecast
- Here’s Why Austin Could Be the New Haven For Tech Workers
- From interracial couples to people with disabilities: New emojis are on their way
- Arrest made in more than 100 synthetic pot overdoses in park
- In new ad, Dem Jeff Greene says he’s got video to prove he’ll ‘stand up to Trump’
- New homes priced below $300K coming to Tacoma for households making $75K or less
- Local grocer Harbor Greens adding Gig Harbor coffee shop to its business
- Molly Greene joins NetPlus Alliance
- New CLT destinations include the tropics. But other sites are ‘definitely not sexy.’
- Michael Puglia promoted at 19 IDEAS
- Taylor Stuart joins 19 IDEAS
- Chèlbè Founder Diana Delva Helps Tall Women Hit New Fashion Heights
- Is H&M’s new influencer-driven line the future of fashion?
- The iconic Fearless Girl statue has a new home
- 22 photos that show the evolution of New York City's Times Square ball drop
- Tacoma in thick of CBD expansion, with health seminar in April and new store on Sixth
- Union accuses council of ‘intensifying social cleansing’ with new development in Barking
- How Do Robo-advisors Help New Investors?
- Taxi And Uber Drivers, Once Mortal Enemies, Join Forces In New Labor Dispute
- 2010 New York International Auto Show
19 people overdose on K2 on the New Haven Green have 340 words, post on www.wtnh.com at August 15, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.