Hanoi (VNA) – The Vietnam Red Cross Society (VRC) Central Committee signed a cooperation agreement with the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) on July 19.
The signing ceremony was attended by VRC Chairwoman Nguyen Thi Xuan Thu and head of IFRC Country Cluster Support Team Bangkok Marwan Jilani, along with representatives from the German Red Cross and American Red Cross, among others.
VRC Chairwoman Nguyen Thi Xuan Thu said that since 1991, the IFRC has made contributions to humanitarian activities of the VRC, particularly in urgent aid projects, disaster prevention and response, as well as livelihood development programmes for disadvantaged people.
The VRC highly valued the IFRC’s assistance in humanitarian projects, she said, voicing her hope that bilateral cooperation will be strengthened.
For his part, Marwan Jilani said the IFRC will spare no efforts to work with the VRC, especially in technical support in relevant fields, particularly planning and implementation of projects.
On the occasion, the two sides discussed accomplishments in previous cooperation and issues for future activities.-VNA
- Vietnam, Laos Red Cross promote cooperation
- VN attends SEA Red Cross Leadership Meeting in Singapore
- Vietnam attends SEA Red Cross Leadership Meeting in Singapore
- Vietnam expects further international assistance in humanitarian operations: Deputy PM
- Social News Headlines 26/3
- Social News Headlines 8/5
- Two tonnes of elephant tusks seized at Hai Phong port
- Tropical storm to hit East Sea
- Political News Headlines 24/3