Vietnam welcomed more than 9 million foreign vacationers in the first seven months of 2018, a year-on-year rise of 25.4 percent, according to the General Statistic Office. In July alone, the country greeted over 1.18 million international tourists, a month-on-month increase of 0.5 percent. Holidaymakers from Asian nations made up 77 percent of the total number of visitors to Vietnam, up 30.4 percent against the same month last year. Most of the Asian markets registered growth in the number of holidaymakers, including China (up 34.1 percent), the Republic of Korea (up 56.1 percent), Japan (up 6.2 percent), Taiwan (up 13.3 percent), Malaysia (up 12 percent), Thailand (up 9.9 percent), and Singapore (up 4.7 percent). Meanwhile, the number of European tourists to Vietnam rose by 10.4 percent, most of them from Russia. Vietnam also saw growth in the number of visitors from five western European countries which are exempted from visas for 15 days namely the UK, France, Germany, Spain, and Italy. In 2018, Vietnam aims to serve 16 million international tourists and 80 million domestic holidaymakers, according to General Director of the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism Nguyen Van Tuan. The tourism sector will promote smart tourism and actively carry… Read full this story
- 470 foreign tourists stranded in Saigon, but few want to leave
- Nearly 400 foreign tourists stranded in Vietnam want to return home
- Ninh Binh supports stranded foreign tourists
- Nearly 500 foreign tourists still stay in HCM City
- Coronavirus | Police order ‘cave-dwelling’ foreign tourists near Rishikesh into quarantine
- Indian police order 'cave-dwelling' foreign tourists into quarantine
- Mother who battled both cancer and coronavirus while seven months pregnant says she was inspired by the strength of her toddler son with Down's syndrome who's an 'incredible fighter'
- Vinpearl – an ideal destination of foreign tourists during Tết holiday 2019
- Central Vietnam port refuses foreign cruise ships as coronavirus drops anchor
- Coronavirus pandemic | Six foreign tourists found living in a cave in Rishikesh, sent to quarantine
Vietnam greets over 9 million foreign tourists in seven months have 315 words, post on english.vietnamnet.vn at July 30, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.