“Secretary Pompeo will meet with Ambassador Nikki Haley and members of the United Nations Security Council, as well as RoK Foreign Minister Kang Kyung-wha and the Japanese Ambassador to the UN Koro Bessho, to discuss the latest on the DPRK,” State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert said in a statement.
The Secretary will also meet the UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres to discuss a range of issues, including preparations for the UN General Assembly High-Level week in September and UN reform.
Pompeo said that both the US and the DPRK representatives agreed earlier on the same day to restart field operations in the Asian nation to search for the estimated 5,300 Americans missing in the 1950-1953 Korean war.
The RoK’s Foreign Minister Kang Kyung-wha met U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo for the first time on May 11th.
At the meeting, the two discussed the latest developments on the Korean Peninsula, shared the outcomes of the inter-Korean summit, and found ways for the two allies to closely cooperate ahead of the DPRK-U.S. summit./.Compiled by BTA
- Top North Korean to meet Pompeo ahead of US summit
- Top North Korean to meet Pompeo ahead of Trump-Kim summit
- Pompeo, Kim's right-hand man, begin talks to prepare nuclear summit
- Pompeo plans summit over beef dinner with top North Korean official
- Trump confirms senior N.Korean official en route to US
- Kim's right-hand man in US to prep nuclear summit