Donald Trump told The Sun Theresa May’s plan for post-Brexit ties with the EU would “probably kill” the prospects for a trade deal with the US AFP/WILL OLIVER In a series of extraordinary broadsides, Trump told Friday’s edition of The Sun that May’s plan for post-Brexit ties with the EU would “probably kill” the prospects for a trade deal with the US. Trump also said former foreign minister Boris Johnson, who resigned this week in protest over the plan, would make “a great prime minister”. He said London mayor Sadiq Khan, who has allowed protesters to raise a giant diaper-clan balloon mocking the US president next to parliament on Friday, was doing “a terrible job” on crime. The comments will plunge the transatlantic “special relationship” to new lows, making for extremely awkward talks with May when the two meet at her country retreat of Chequers later on Friday. As he began a four-day visit to Britain on Thursday, Trump, a major supporter of Brexit, told The Sun that he had advised May to go about leaving the EU in a different way but was ignored. “I would have done it much differently. I actually told Theresa May how to do… Read full this story
- Theresa May battles to see off revolt ahead of Friday's Brexit summit
- Q&A: can May survive and save her Brexit plan?
- Donald Tusk: EU will only back short Brexit delay if May’s deal passes
- Theresa May’s EU deal under fire from hardline Brexiters
- Gove urges Tory MPs to back May's Brexit plan as backlash builds
- No-deal Brexit would mean hard Irish border, EU confirms
- Theresa May sidesteps question about £995 leather trousers
- I can't support Brexit plan but I do support May, says David Davis
- Brexit party's delusion makes even Boris Johnson's look normal
- Theresa May: don't blame me for Brexit crisis, blame MPs
Trump blasts May's Brexit strategy on UK visit have 326 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at July 12, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.