At the meeting, Senior Colonel Tuong briefed the host on 70 years of the establishment of development of the PAN in line with the country’s struggle for national liberation in the past and the cause of building and defending the Socialist Republic of Vietnam in the current context and stressed that the PAN has played a pivotal role in the Vietnam revolutionary press system. At present, the newspaper has five outlets, namely the printed daily, the weekly, the online newspaper with Vietnamese, English, Chinese, Lao and Khmer editions, the “Events and Witnesses” monthly magazine and the internal bulletin.
|Senior Colonel Ha Manh Tuong PAN’s Deputy Editor-in-Chief presents a souvenir to Sonoda, Editor-in-Chief of Asagumo Newspaper.|
He also affirmed that the newspaper always maintains its political orientation and continues innovating its contents and formats and contributing to maintaining and improving political stance of the armed forces and the people, building the whole people’s defense posture and the military into a revolutionary, regular, elite, and increasingly modern force.
The PAN is one of the leading press agencies in fighting against the wrongful views of hostile forces. Besides, the newspaper also promotes many social activities to mobilize organizations, units, enterprises, individuals in and outside the country to support policy families, national contributors, victims of Agent Orange (AO)/dioxin and needy households in remote areas, he added.
According to the plan, the PAN is defined as a multimedia news agency by 2025. Notably, the agency commits to further innovating the contents and formats of its products, actively producing radio and video programs on the basis of the People’s Army Newspaper Online version in the coming time.
The host, Mizuhiro Keisuke and Sonoda Yoshihiro, introduced the communications activities of the Imperial Japanese Military and the Japanese Self Defense Forces to the Vietnamese delegation. Accordingly, the communications activities of the Imperial Japanese Military play an important role in creating a vivid image of the military activities in training and helping people overcome natural disasters. Besides, the Department of Media is responsible for introducing publications on the Japanese Government’s activities, weapons, policies and mechanisms to the forces in charge of country’s security and UN peacekeeping activities.
In addition, it also collaborates with television stations to make films about the activities of the Japanese Self-Defense Force and promote its information via social media.
Translated by Lam Anh
- Journalists’ organisations of Vietnam, Thailand boost cooperation
- Moroccan PM, U.S. secretary of state discuss boosting cooperation
- HCM City wants to boost cooperation with Chinese localities
- Vietnamese, Colombian communist parties boost cooperation
- Vietnamese Party chief suggests boosting cooperation between Chinese and Vietnamese localities
- VNA, PRD boost cooperation in news exchange
- Canada, Chile, New Zealand boost cooperation within CPTPP framework
- Pompeo, Danish Foreign Minister Discuss Boosting Cooperation in Arctic
- Morocco, Mekong River Commission to boost cooperation
- Vietnam News Agency signs information cooperation with Ninh Thuan province