Miners illegally exploit kaolin after buying land from a resident of Bang Doan commune in Phu Tho province’s Doan Hung district (Photo: baophutho.vn) Phu Tho (VNS/VNA) – Illegal exploitation of minerals continues in some districts in the northern mountainous province of Phu Tho, including Doan Hung, Thanh Thuy, Thanh Son and Phu Tho town, causing concern among residents. Residents in Thanh Son district’s Dong Cuu commune have complained that their lives are being affected by illegal mining activities. Phan Huy Bien, Vice Chairman of Dong Cuu Commune People’s Committee, said some 20 trucks used the road every day, causing air and noise pollution. As a result, the main road running through the commune is severely damaged, threatening traffic safety. The prevalence of illegal mining was attributed to low awareness of residents on mineral exploitation activities and loose management of the local authorities. Some residents are willing to sell their land for a sum of money, and illegal miners take advantage of their naivety to earn huge profits. Using this trick, thousands of cubic metres of kaolin and talc ore have been extracted and transported out of the province by miners. Nguyen Xuan Toan, head of the Mineral Management Office under… Read full this story
- VR Discovers Porphyry Copper Mineral System at Its Junction Property, Nevada; Exploration Advances.
- Migrant Caravan: Trump’s Billions in Aid Promise Won’t Help Central Americans Due to Region’s Rampant Corruption, Experts Say
- Nearly 400 Cats Rescued From Illegal Chinese Slaughterhouse After Tip-off From Heartbroken Pet Owner
- KEVIN LEININGER: To King, racism was an evil that needed to be destroyed, not an accusation to be exploited
- Wednesday, Dec. 12, 2018 letters: pitfalls of pot expansion, illegal immigration: now what?, cheer the man willing to fight back
- UK trains Angolan authorities to combat illegal wildlife trade
- At least 21 killed as pipeline that had been illegally tapped explodes
- Spanish expert miners finally ready to reach missing toddler who fell down well 11 days ago
- Opa-locka City Manager Says He Was Fired for Exposing Rampant Corruption
- Ryan Gosling joins panel discussion on Congolese resistance to Western exploitation
Illegal mineral exploitation rampant in Phu Tho province have 360 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at July 2, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.