Many old apartment buildings in Hanoi have faced the serious deterioration, posing latent risks.
Kim Lien has many old apartment blocks in Hanoi. Among those, buildings B15 and B16 have seriously deteriorated.
Apartment buildings near Nguyen Cong Tru apartment area are also in the same situation with walls collapsing.
Most of these buildings were built many decades ago
Inside the corridor of a building at Nguyen Cong Tru apartment area
Big water tanks put by the wall
Old apartments at Van Chuong residential area in Dong Da District
Inside apartment building B1 of Van Chuong residential area
Building A2 in Kim Lien
Old apartment buildings at Thanh Cong Ward, Dong Da District
Steel frames used to consolidate the fifth floor of apartment building E6 at Thanh Cong Ward
Tangled water pipes
Hundreds of water tanks on the garret
According to Hanoi Department of Construction, up to 42 old apartment buildings have been defined as very dangerous, but only a small have been restored.
- Hanoi Old Quarter houses face deterioration
- Residents living in old apartment blocks face risk
- Old apartment blocks crumble as investors tarry
- Opportunities and challenges from old condos
- Housing growth in Hanoi incongruent with local needs
- Hanoi residents face uncertain future after century-old villa collapses
- Family carries on farming legacy in urban Hanoi
- BUSINESS IN BRIEF 22/1
- Facing modernity