A green corner of the Hoan Kiem lake in Hanoi (Photo: VNA) Hanoi (VNS/VNA) – The first week of July witnessed an improvement in Hanoi’s air quality, according to the city’s Environment Protection Authority under the Department of Natural Resources and Environment. The air quality measured at monitoring stations around the city reached levels of ‘good’ and ‘average’. Significantly, the number of days with ‘good’ air quality rose in comparison with the previous week. Mai Trong Thai, the authority head, told Ha Noi Moi (New Hanoi) newspaper that the measured air quality index (AQI) fluctuated between 40 to 94 points which were equivalent to ‘average’ and ‘good’ levels. There was no day with air quality dropping to ‘bad’ level. Urban air monitoring stations of Trung Yen in Cau Giay district, Kim Lien in Dong Da district, My Dinh in Nam Tu Liem district and Tan Mai in Hoang Mai district showed increases in good air quality days, accounting for 100 percent, 71.4 percent, 71.4 percent, 57.1 percent and 42.9 percent respectively. No monitoring indicator exceeds the Vietnamese standard. At urban traffic site air monitoring stations on Hang Dau street, Hoan Kiem and Thanh Cong areas, the AQI remained at the average level…. Read full this story
- How Air Quality and the AQI Are Measured
- Patna air quality ‘very poor’ after Diwali
- Diwali 2019: Here's How You Can Protect Yourself From Poor Air Quality; Stay Away From The Adverse Effects Of Pollution This Diwali
- Delhi Pollution: Air quality goes up in smoke, again
- After Diwali, Delhi Air Quality "Severe" At Several Places: Officials
- As Delhi Air Quality Worsens, The Dos And Don'ts For Safety From Smog
- Del: Farm fires, wind direction to hit air quality
- Study: Indoor Air Quality Levels 'On Par With' Polluted Major City
- UP: Agra’s air quality deteriorates to ‘poor’
- Delhi's air quality improves from 'severe' to 'very poor'
Hanoi air quality sees positive signs in July have 318 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at July 10, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.