MOSCOW: France and Croatia both avoided any surprises as they named unchanged line-ups for the World Cup final on Sunday, setting up a heavyweight midfield clash between N’Golo Kante and Paul Pogba on the French side and Luka Modric and Ivan Rakitic for Croatia.
Croatia coach Zlatko Dalic brushed aside concerns about possible fatigue after his team played extra time in all three of their knockout matches.
Dalic said on Saturday that he trusted his players he tell him if they were not fully fit. “If they will be unable to give their all during the match I expect them to tell us,” he said.
France coach Didier Deschamps has fielded the same starting line-up in every knockout-round match except the quarter-final against Uruguay when Blaise Matuidi was suspended and replaced by Corentin Tolisso.
France won all three knockout ties inside 90 minutes and have had an extra day to recover for the final.
(Reporting by Brian Homewood, editing by Ed Osmond)
- Cubans line up to buy, sell homes under new reform
- US President-elect’s cabinet line-up faces challenges
- Cannes film festival set to unveil line-up
- World Cup fans line up for LCD TVs
- Spain v France preview
- Toughened-up Spain look to seal Euro deal against the Germans
- Olic triple sees Bayern into Champions League final
- Soldado, Giroud lift Spain and France
- England face Brazil; France host Germany
- Vietnam – surprising final stop
- France's Hollande unveils moderate new cabinet
- Germany looks forward to Italy v France final
- Singapore beat the Philippines to enter AFF Cup final (video)
- RugbyU: New caps for France against Fiji
- England look to Rooney for Euro 2012 quarter-finals
- France image suffers fresh blow after call-girl scandal
- Vietnam marches into AFF Cup semi-finals
- Clinical France see off Ukraine challenge
- France's Sarkozy to be sworn in as president
- Apple fans snap up the new iPad
France and Croatia named unchanged line-ups for final have 336 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at July 15, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.