Everton are on the trail of RB Leipzig’s £30 million-rated winger Emil Forsberg.
New Goodison boss Marco Silva is in the market for a winger and Swedish star Forsberg – who played in yesterday’s World Cup quarter final against England in Samara – is high on the list.
The 26-year-old winger cored the winning goal against Switzerland to put Sweden into the last eight – and he’s attracting interest across Europe.
That’s why the Bundesliga side recently upgraded Forsberg’s deal giving a new five-year contract on a reported £3.25million a year.
Since joining Leipzig from Malmo in 2015 Forsberg has become one of German football’s most consistent stars.
The winger is known for his assists at Leipzig and it’s believed he was on Everton’s radar before Silva was appointed boss.
Before the Swedes crashed out against England Manchester United defender Victor Lindelhof picked out Forsberg as the man who could make the difference in Samara.
The 26-year-old is hardly prolific – Tuesday’s goal against Switzerland was his first since March and only his seventh in all competitions since the start of last season.
But he impressed against the Swiss and will be the Swedes’ creative force as they aimed to upset England.
“He is a fantastic player with great quality and he is very important for us.” Said Lindelhof. “We need him when we attack.
“He is very good with the ball and can do the extra things that we need. so yes he is is a great player and I am happy for him.”
- Elimination of World Cup's Arab teams leaves fans disappointed
- Eddie Jones sends England rugby stars to RAF training camp… in bid to avoid more dwarf-tossing antics at Japan World Cup
- World Cup 2018, Sweden vs Switzerland Highlights: Sweden Edge Switzerland 1-0 To Enter Quarter-Finals
- Danny Cipriani axed from England training squad leaving World Cup dream hanging by a thread
- US Women's Soccer Star Abby Dahlkemper Opens up About Playing in First World Cup, Taking Care of Skin (Exclusive)
- Women's T20 World Cup: India beat error-prone New Zealand to reach semis
Everton tracking World Cup star as they ready £30m bid have 343 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at July 8, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.