(CNN)Will universal basic income work in the US? Stockton, California — which will soon start giving some residents $500 a month for 18 months — is about to find out. Here’s what else you need to know to Get Up to Speed and Out the Door. (You can also get “5 Things You Need to Know Today” delivered to your inbox daily. Sign up here.) 1. Supreme Court Now that President Donald Trump has nominated Brett Kavanaugh for a seat on the Supreme Court, a political battle royal has already begun in Washington. The stakes couldn’t be higher: Kavanaugh is a young conservative who, if he’s confirmed, could create a reliable five-vote conservative bloc on the court that could push it rightward for decades. Liberals promise a fight for the ages to block the nomination. As for where he stands on the hot-button issues, conservatives generally like how Kavanaugh has ruled in cases involving religious liberty, the Second Amendment and abortion, although he hasn’t expressed outright opposition to Roe v. Wade. Kavanaugh has also said that presidents should be shielded from litigation while in office, with some observers speculating that’s one of the reasons why Trump — embroiled in the Russia investigation — picked… Read full this story
- Elon Musk Apologizes for Comments About Cave Rescue Diver
- What Today's Facebook Supreme Court Case Means for Free Speech Online
- Trump's Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh cracks Coach K joke at nomination
- Supreme Court orders dismissal of Special Leave Petition and asks MCA's CoA to continue
- Supreme court-approved constitution registered by BCCI
- Elon Musk apologizes for calling Thai cave rescue diver a 'pedo'
- Thai cave rescue movie plans announced far too soon
- California, Louisiana Supreme Courts Reject Traffic Cameras Rescues
- Missouri Supreme Court Questions Legality of Red Light Cameras
- Washington Supreme Court Upholds Forced DUI Blood Draws
5 things for July 10: Supreme Court, Thailand cave rescue, separated families, Brexit have 314 words, post on edition.cnn.com at July 10, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.