The festival is scheduled to take place in this year’s mid-November in the province, with the unity of local ethnic communities as its main theme. The Gia Lai People’s Committee has been tasked to efficiently utilise social sources along with part of the province’s coffer to organise the festival. Numerous activities will be jointly held by five Central Highlands provinces, namely a street festival featuring gong performances, re-enactment of some traditional rituals and festivals of 11 ethnic groups of the region. The art of wood sculpture and brocade weaving will also be introduced during the festival, along with seminars on the conservation of gong cultural values and exhibitions on ethnic costumes. The event is to honour the Cultural Space of Gong of Tay Nguyen (Central Highlands) in line with an action plan of the MCST to preserve and promote the gong cultural heritage in the province. The Cultural Space of Gong of Tay Nguyen was recognised by the UNESCO as a masterpiece of the oral and intangible heritage of the humanity in 2005. It is closely linked to the daily life of local people. Their belief systems form a mystical world where the gongs produce a privileged language between men,… Read full this story
- Edo Poly intensifies plans for colourful Arts, Culture Festival
- Extracurricular class fuels ethnic minority students’ passion for Gong culture
- Yemen's cultural festival attracts large crowds in southern port city of Aden
- Ethnics culture festival kicks off in Myanmar
- Is My Hero Academia Season 4 Going Beyond the Culture Festival Arc?
- Pulastya Science Festival 2019 from November 6 to 8 at IUCAA
- Sundance 2018: what did we learn from this year's festival?
- UK city of culture 2021: five contenders wait to hear if they have won
- Music festivals to look forward to in 2020
- 2018 EDOFEST: Obaseki inaugurates 16-man Planning Committee
2018 Gong Cultural Festival slated for mid-November have 311 words, post on english.vov.vn at July 18, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.