Visa exemption policy for the five Western European countries has been extended as part of the Vietnam immigration policy to attract tourists to Vietnam.
From the beginning of July, citizens from the UK, France, Germany, Spain, and Italy will enjoy visa exemptions for the next three years, until June 30, 2021, as approved by the Prime Minister.
Travel agents said that the visa exemption policy has boosted the country’s tourism sector.
According to the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism, since the beginning of 2018 to the middle of June, the number of international visitors to Vietnam rose drastically to 6.7 million, up 28 percent compared to same period last year.
Visa exemption is one of reasons that foreign tourists flock to Vietnam as well as good promotion strategies resulting in growth rate of 30 percent yearly.
Before, the Tourism Association in Ho Chi Minh City and travel agents had sent its petition to the government asking for continued visa exemption for tourists from five above-mentioned nations and extend to some other nations including Australia, New Zealand, Canada, India, Austria, Netherland and Belgium.
By THI HONG – Translated by UYEN PHUONG
- US and Vietnam continue to benefit from relations
- Vietnam to extend visa waiver for visitors from key markets
- Việt Nam extends visa waiver for nationals of 8 countries
- 'Little Schengen' — Western Balkan nations agree to boost ties for EU bid
- Egypt's Foreign Ministry Confirms Introduction of Visas for Qatari Nationals
- Vietnam’s young officers visit Laos’ National Defense Academy
- Visa exemption extends to 5 European countries
- Vietnam allows 10-year residence for investors in coastal special economic zones
- New fast-track visa for doctors from India, other countries, UK confirms
- Airbnb wins fight to remain exempt from European property rules