The event was made on the occasion of the Father’s Day which is observed across nearly 90 countries on June 17.
This is part of the UNICEF’s “Super Dads” campaign which is implemented to recognise the role of fathers in their children’s early development.
UNICEF is calling for more support for fathers globally, including for policies that give parents time and resources they need to spend quality time with their children. It also uses the Father’s Day to renew its call to break down cultural and financial barriers preventing fathers from spending quality time with their young children.
The online site will bring together fathers from all over the world to share their parenting tips, struggles, needs and successes. It features “mini parenting master classes”, the first of which highlights UNICEF Global Chief of Early Childhood Development Dr. Pia Britto explaining to Sasame Street’s Grover the importance of protection, stimulation and good nutrition for healthy brain development.
“Super Dads” campaign is intended to remind parents everywhere that when fathers nurture their babies in their earliest years of life by providing love and protection, playing with them and supporting their nutrition, their children will learn better, have less behavioural issues, and become healthier and happier human beings.
Joining in the campaign, Actor Xuan Bac, UNICEF Vietnam Goodwill Ambassador, said: “Spending more time and playing more with children as well as do little things with them will help enhance parent-child relationship and benefit their physical and psychological development”.-VNA
- North Korea launches ballistic missile a day after agreeing to US talks
- 2 children found safe after Peel police launched parental abduction investigation
- A Lawyer Met With 11 Separated Parents in One Day. What She Heard Is Terrifying.
- Cuddle Cot gives grieving parents precious extra days with their stillborn baby girl
- Build-A-Bear launches 'Pay Your Age Day' event this Thursday
- RE/MAX Executives Launches New Site Giving Idaho Real Estate Buyers Access to the Newest Listings
- Salvation Army launches new site for people looking to volunteer for bell-ringing
- 4 ambulances leave Thai cave site on Day 2 of rescue
- Supermoon Bakehouse launches ultimate summer cheat day eat, croissant butter soft serve
- Here's The Most Important Thing About Parenting: Mums And Dads Share Their Wisdom