GUWAHATI, June 11: The investigation into the lynching of Nilotpal Das and Abhijeet Nath on Friday evening near Kathilangso waterfall under Dokmoka police station in Karbi Anglong district has picked up pace with the arrest of 23 suspects and the formation of a special investigation team (SIT).
With the arrest of eight more suspects, the total number of arrests in connection with the case (33/2018 under Section 302/34 IPC), excluding those arrested for provocation through the social media, has gone to 23.
Karbi Anglong SP Dr GV Siva Prasad said: “We’re investigating the case with the required promptness. We’ve already formed an SIT led by ASP (HQ) Indranil Baruah. We’ve arrested eight more people in connection with the lynching. So far, the number of arrested people has gone up to 23.”
The eight people arrested on Monday have been identified as Borsing Kro, Khongsing Bey, Rupsing Kro, Bishnu Ram Boro, Inosen Engti, Sikhari Rongpi, Pilarson Engti and Premson Engti.
The 15 people arrested by the police on Sunday are Biju Basumatary, Biswaram Swargiary, Dhonda Mech, Dhono Mech, Dipjyoti Basumatary, Horukon Swargiary, Pangtheng Basumatary, Ram Swargiary, Umesh Khakhlary, Babu Rongpi, Anos Timung, Sanjay Terang, Bodyasing Rongpi, Anand Rongpi, Raju Bey and Bhupendra Terang.
The situation in the Dokmoka area in the hill district is still tense. All youths of the village where Nilotpal Das and Abhijeet Nath had been killed have fled their houses. ADGP (Law and Order) Mukesh Agarwala, who had to rush to the district on Saturday, is still camping there at the time of writing this.
- Alwar Lynching Case Mentioned Before SC In Contempt Petition; Matter To Be Considered on August 20.
- SC Asks UP Govt To File Fresh Status Report In Hapur Lynching Case
- Kerala Tribal Lynching Case: Amicus Report Points Out Inherent Defects In Channelization Of Welfare Funds [Read Report]
- Kerala Tribal Lynching Case: HC Takes Suo Motu Cognizance Based On Sitting Judge’s Letter [Read Letter]
- Nandurbar Sex Trafficking Case: SIT Formed; Only Bombay HC Can Conisder Bail Applications Of Accused:SC [Read Order]
- Anti-Sikh Riots: SC Forms Panel Of Ex-Judges To Scrutinize SIT Decision To Close 199 Cases
- “Nothing Remains As Chargesheet Filed”, SC Disposes Of Swamy’s Plea For SIT Probe In Sunanda Pushkar Case
- Federal appeals court upholds release of grand jury record in 1946 Georgia lynching case
- [Bhima Koregaon]: “It Has Become A ‘Cut, Copy, Paste’ Template Prayer To Ask For SIT Probe":Salve, SC Reserves Order
- Garlanding Lynch-Mobs; Putting Justice in a Noose
- Rajiv Gandhi Assassination Case: Rejecting Centre's Objections SC Asks TN Governor To Consider Perarivalan's Mercy Plea
- Bal Niketan Sexual Abuse Case: P & H HC Upholds Conviction Of Former Supervisor, But Reduces His Sentence By 1 Year [Read Order]
- Government, Governance, Lynching And Rule Of Law
- Gauhati HC Takes Suo Motu Cognizance Of Lynching Of Youth Mistaken As Child Lifters [Read Orders]
- 2 Men Lynched Over Suspicion Of Cattle Theft In India
- Mob Lynching : SC Sternly Directs States To File Compliance Reports Within A Week
- Man Apprehending Arrest Under Triple Talaq Ordinance Seeks Anticipatory Bail [Read Order]
- Lawyer charged in marijuana operation case says state and federal laws ban prosecution
- Bishop Franco Case : 'Arrest Is A Matter Of Discretion Of Police', Kerala HC Observes
- What Has Happened A Year After Bhima Koregaon Arrests?
SIT formed, 23 arrested in lynching case have 527 words, post on www.sentinelassam.com at June 11, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.