Volunteers from the Quang Tri young doctor club have offered free medical checkups and medicine for more than 4,000 people in Savannakhet and educate them on how to prevent tropical diseases.
In addition, they have coordinated with Outhoumphone district’s hospital to provide free surgery for a local impoverished patient who has suffered a chest wall tumor for years. They have also transferred several advanced medical techniques for disadvantaged hospitals at district level.
The volunteers donated one tonne of rice, 2,000 pair of shoes, 2,000 red scarves and 500 mosquito nets to local people and students and presented gifts to local poor families.
Cultural and sport events have been held between the young volunteers and local youths.
Last year, Quang Tri’s Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union also teamed up with the Vietnam Red Cross Society and the provincial young doctor club to organize charity events in Nong district, Savannakhet province. The volunteers provided health checkups and medicines to about 1,300 people in 19 villages of Nong district.
The volunteer campaign in Savannakhet is an annual event of young people of Quang Tri, said Deputy Secretary of Quang Tri’s Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union Committee Tran Xuan Anh.
The youth union expects the campaign will help disadvantaged people in Savannakhet overcome difficulties and strengthen solidarity and friendship between youths of the two provinces and the two countries as well.-VNA
- Union Members Don 't Be Fooled, Conservative Talkers Have it in for You
- Facts About Real Estates In Bulgaria - The Latest European Union Member
- AWOL or Added Value: Attract, Retain and Train Employees through Volunteering
- Ontario Sports & Olympic Youth Academy (OOYA) Shape Our Leaders Beyond the 2010 Winter Olympics
- Details of the Union Plus Credit Card Application
- The Lowdown on Union Plus Credit Card
- Volunteering is Great for You Too!
- Unions Paying For Abuse Of Power - 1978 Editorial
- Direct Deposit: Financial Opportunities from your Credit Union
- Abbreviated Campaigns in Regional Marketing