|Prime Minister Nguyễn Xuân Phúc (right) presents a gift to RoK Defence Minister Song Young-moo. – VNA/VNS Photo|
HÀ NỘI – The Government of Việt Nam always supports the defence ministries of Việt Nam and the Republic of Korea (RoK) to foster their cooperation, contributing to deepening partnership between the two countries, said Prime Minister Nguyễn Xuân Phúc.
During his reception for RoK Defence Minister Song Young-moo in Hà Nội on Monday, the PM hailed co-operation between the two Defence Ministries over the years.
For his part, Song said the RoK considers Việt Nam a leading partner in its 'New Southern Policy,' holding that defence co-operation will help boost economic relations, fulfilling the target of US$100 billion in two-way trade by 2020.
The guest lauded Việt Nam's stance on peace on the Korean Peninsula, clarifying that the RoK also pays great attention to aviation and maritime freedom in the East Sea, as the majority of RoK exports are transported through the marine route.
PM Phúc welcomed efforts of the RoK in promoting dialogue and peaceful settlement of the nuclear issue on the Korean Peninsula.
Việt Nam also highly values the 'New Southern Policy', which places Viet Nam as a key partner, he stated, pledging that the country is ready to help foster ASEAN-RoK relations.
The Vietnamese PM also expressed his hope that the RoK will continue supporting Việt Nam's viewpoint of building the East Sea into an area of peace, co-operation and friendship. – VNS
- North Korea summit back on, says Trump
- India, Singapore agree to deepen economic and defence ties
- Johnson leaps to defence of May critic as Tory Brexit infighting continues
- US Congressional delegation calls on President, PM
- How PM Narendra Modi's Three-Nation Tour Asserts India's Position as an Indo-Pacific Leader
- Defence of the realm
- PM Modi, Indonesia President Joko Widodo agree to strengthen cultural and economic ties
- US Defence Secretary James Mattis praises PM Modi for speaking about dangers of loans that are ‘too good to be true’
- PM Narendra Modi doesn’t need India Inc to tell him what’s not working
- Modi in China tomorrow: Excited to lead delegation for India’s first-ever SCO summit as full member, says PM
- Belfast man claims one punch death of Conan Anderson was self defence
- Anti-Open grazing law: NASS, Benue, Kwara, Taraba tackle Defence Minister
- Britain's defence spending 'must increase by 50%'
- Sea defence scheme to reduce flood risk to 7,500 homes
- Mattis praises PM Modi for speaking about debts, dangers of accepting loans
- Mattis praises PM Modi for speaking about massive debts, dangers of accepting loans
- Special forces plane worth £65million written off as ‘operational loss’ after 100mph crash landing
- Europe aims for greater 'strategic autonomy' from US on defence
- 'Frosty' New Delhi-Male ties: Maldivian MP sent back from Chennai
- Maoist Letter Exposes 'Rajiv Gandhi-like' Plot to Assassinate PM Modi: Pune Cops to Court
PM backs defence co-operation with RoK have 481 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at June 5, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.