General Cuong, who is a member of the Party Central Committee’s Secretariat, permanent member of the Central Military Commission and Director of the General Department of Politics (GDP) of the Vietnam People’s Army, gave the compliment at his working session on June 6 with permanent members of the Party Committee and Chain-of-command of Military Region 5.
|Senior Lieutenant General Luong Cuong speaking at the working session|
Reportedly, in the first half of this year, Military Region 5 cooperated with local Party committees and authorities to carry out comprehensively all military and defense missions and Party building work. Its affiliates well maintained their combat readiness duties, conducted exercises, including live-fire shooting as planned while also bettering military external affairs, organizing more gratitude activities, carrying out mass mobilization work and assisting locals in overcoming consequences of disasters.
Concluding the working session, General Cuong asked Military Region 5’s permanent members of the Party Committee and Chain-of-command to double check missions and targets for 2018.
He also requested the region’s armed forces to heighten revolutionary vigilance, follow closely any developments in the region, execute well all political education work and ideological orientation for cadres and troops.
Other work which was noted included close coordination with local Party committees, authorities and people to build a strong whole people’s defense posture, upholding training and combat readiness regulations at all levels, ensuring traffic safety, furthering supports for neighboring countries of Laos and Cambodia, actively preventing flooding and boosting search and rescue.
Translated by Mai Huong
- 'Pyongyang not the enemy': S. Koreans fed up with military service
- Azerbaijani defense ministry attends opening of command-and-control point
- Supreme Court lets military implement transgender restrictions
- Analysts Explain US Intention to Scrutinize Military Recruits with Foreign Ties
- Here are the selfless heroes nominated for The Sun Military Awards as we salute the finest Armed Forces in the world
- Russian Military Has 'the Muscles', Keeps Training 'the Brain'
- Indonesia Establishes Military Base in South China Sea, but for What Purpose?
- German Military Looks Into Recruiting EU Citizens Amid Staff Shortage
- In preparation for Trump’s ‘America First’ Doctrine, Japan unleashes $243bn defense spending plan
- Russian troops boost forces on Ukraine's borders – Military Intelligence