Vientiane (VNA) – Laos’ 8th National Assembly convened its 5th session in Vientiane on June 5, under the chair of Chairwoman Pany Yathotou.
In her opening remark, the NA leader said the session will spend more than half of its time to discuss and pass 13 bills, including two in the field of justice and eight in social-economic affairs. The other three deal with mass organisations, defence-security, and the Lao National Construction Front.
The session will hear reports of the Lao Government on the implementation of socio-economic development plan and the national budget plan for the first half of 2018, and key tasks for the last half of the year.
The Government will also report to the legislature on the promulgation of sub-law documents; the use of dangerous chemicals and their impact on the environment, society and nature; the national master plan on land planning; petrol price mechanism; rural development and poverty alleviation; measures to deter social evils; and compensation policy for residents affected by a railway construction project.
The NA session will last through June 28. The NA Secretariat is set to set up a group to oversee a hot line receiving opinions from the public.-VNA
- Head of France's National Assembly to keep job amid probe
- Pro-Iran Shiite Terrorists Attack Nigerian National Assembly
- Trump strikes back at Sessions after AG defended himself
- Trump says Sessions should stop Mueller investigation
- Trump calls Attorney General Jeff Sessions 'scared stiff and Missing in Action'
- 2 Chicago Police 5th District Officers Killed By Train While On Duty
- Northrop T-38 Talon Training Jet Crash At Laughlin 5th In 12 Months
- Northrop T-38C Talon Crash At Laughlin 5th In 12 Months, Pilot Dead
- Immigration In Bible: Jeff Sessions Justified Separating Families With New Testament
- More than 600 members of Jeff Sessions' church just charged him with violating church rules