- Colombia 1-2 Japan
- Japan earn first ever win over Colombia
- Only Japan’s fifth World Cup victory
(CNN)It was a match which had plenty of talking points — a first red card of the World Cup, a penalty, a clever freekick and a historic first win for Japan over Colombia as the Blue Samurai beat the South American team 2-1 in their opening World Cup match.
A sending off within minutes
What a win for Japan! 🇯🇵 That’s the first time an Asian team has beaten a South American team at a World Cup. Colombia fought valiantly, but ultimately paid the price for conceding a penalty and a red card in just the third minute. . . . #fifaworldcup #russia2018 #japan #colombia #coljpn #football
A post shared by CNNSport (@cnnsport) on Jun 19, 2018 at 7:08am PDT
Atrocious Poland defending
- India, Bangladesh seal historic land swap deal ending stateless limbo for 50,000 people
- Australia's Nathan Lyon seals innings win against Pakistan with five-wicket haul
- Atalanta advances in CL after beating 10-man Shakhtar 3-0
- General election: Boris Johnson says Brexit and NHS priorities after historic win
- General election: Victorious Boris Johnson tells Nicola Sturgeon 'no IndyRef2' after historic win
- EPL PHOTOS: Sunderland hold Liverpool; 10-man City beat Burnley
Japan seals historic win over 10-man Colombia have 895 words, post on edition.cnn.com at June 19, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.