South Korea ambassador to India Shin Bongkil says he is ‘cautiously optimistic’ about North Korea’s denuclearisation promise, hopes for gradual integration of the two Korean nations, believes PM Modi’s pledge to make India a $5-trillion economy is not just propaganda, and calls for a new economic partnership with India. SHUBHAJIT ROY: The meeting between US President Donald Trump and North Korean Leader Kim Jong-un was historic. Why do you think North Korea has come to the negotiating table now? There are a couple of different elements here, one of which is the sincere and genuine effort of South Korean President Moon Jae-in. North Korea knows President Moon’s background and beliefs. So they believed in the sincerity of my President and the new government in Seoul. The second element is that this time the North Korean Leader realised that his country cannot go on in this manner. With such severe sanctions from around the world, particularly with the participation of China, they realised that it was not possible to escape. Also the young Leader, who has experienced the outside world — he spent a couple of years in Switzerland — personally believes that North Korea cannot survive as it is. They… Read full this story
- South Korean President Says North Korea No Longer Demands Removal of U.S. Forces
- South Korean World Cup Coach Says 'It's Very Difficult For Westerners To Distinguish Between Asians'
- South Korean President Moon: Trump ‘Should Win the Nobel Peace Prize’
- Poll: 78 Percent of South Koreans Trust Kim Jong-Un to Make a Nuclear Deal
- South Koreans: China Is the Greatest Threat to Peace
- South Korean convenience store chain launches franchise in Vietnam
- South Korean Opposition Seeks Ouster of Unification Minister
- South Korean Border Falls Silent Ahead of North Korea Summit
- Hotline Opened Between North and South Korean Leaders
- South Korean President ‘Baffled and Very Regretful’ on Trump-Kim Summit Cancellation
India is the biggest, most influential and growing democracy, says South Korean envoy Shin Bongkil have 325 words, post on www.financialexpress.com at June 24, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.