Hull City may not be doing any transfer business at the minute to bring players into the club, but could make an important signing shortly if they keep hold of Max Clark.
The academy graduate was offered a new contract back in September which the player didn’t feel was right for him, and while that contract remains unchanged and unsigned, Clark is close to coming to a decision on his future.
The Hull-born player wants to stay at his hometown club, but others have also shown an interest. We’ll have more on this, get your take on the situation and bring you the latest from across the Championship in our live blog below.
Get the Hull Live app
Hull City to feel the loss of striker Abel Hernandez hardest this summer, according to City fans
The departure of Abel Hernandez will be the one hardest felt by Hull City so far this summer, according to Tigers fans.
In the weeks following the conclusion of the Championship season, City have seen four senior players leave the club on free transfers as another summer exodus begins to take flight.
Allan McGregor was the first to officially confirm his departure, rejecting an offer to stay at the KCOM Stadium before re-signing for boyhood club Rangers on a free transfer.
A week prior to signing, the goalkeeper had picked up the club’s Player of the Year gong as a result of his fine performances between the sticks in the Championship. McGregor kept 12 clean sheets in a topsy-turvy campaign for the Tigers, despite his form though the club were unable to persuade the keeper to extend his stay for at least another season.
Aston Villa on the verge of financial meltdown
Aston Villa risk going into administration if new investors are not found.
The club has missed a tax payment and unless their debt is paid off within the next week they could be issued with a winding up order.
Villa’s owner Dr Tony Xia is thought to be experiencing financial problems and while the club has not formally been put up for sale, new investors are now pivotal in order to stave off the threat of administration.
The news comes just over a week after Villa were resigned to the Championship for a third successive season after losing to Fulham in the play-off final.
Missed yesterday’s news?
Catch up on all the events of yesterday here.
David Meyler hoping to replicate Hull City success at Reading
Wonder if that white shirt is a hint at where his future lies?
Leeds United-linked striker Abel Hernandez took to social media with this cryptic tweet.
It was announced at the start of the week that Hernandez had rejected the offer to stay at Hull City and will instead pursue pastures new this summer, with Leeds the favourites for his signature.
Newcastle United, Aston Villa, Wolves and Celtic are just a few of the other clubs linked with a move for Hernandez this summer.
Ola Aina takes to Twitter after missing out on the World Cup
Ola Aina has taken to Twitter after missing out on a spot in Nigeria’s 23-man squad for the FIFA World Cup.
The defender was named in the preliminary squad after impressing the national coach Gernot Rohr whilst on loan at Hull City this season.
However, unfortunately the defender was one of the unfortunate few to make way in the trimming down process.
“Maybe next time,” Aina tweeted.
“I want to wish the boys all the very best out in Russia make our Nation proud.”
Who is reported Hull City target Dylan McGeouch and what could he bring to the KCOM Stadium?
Hull City have been linked with a move for Hibernian midfielder Dylan McGeouch on a free transfer this summer by reports in Scotland.
The midfielder has less than a month remaining on his current contract and the Tigers have been named alongside Sunderland, QPR, Bristol City, Blackburn Rovers and Aberdeen as showing interest in the 25-year-old.
After seeing a host of players leave the club this summer, City are in desperate need of reinforcements, but who is McGeouch and what could he offer Hull City? Will Jackson takes a look.
Meyler goes to Reading
If you missed the news last night, David Meyler has agreed a long-term deal at Reading.
Give us your opinion
Let’s begin with the latest on Max Clark’s future.
- David Marshall joins Hull City from Cardiff City on three-year deal
- Sky sources: Hull City interested in signing Cardiff City's David Marshall
- 7pm Transfer news LIVE: Leicester ‘won’t sell stars’ in January, Liverpool in Minamino talks and lead race for Sancho
- 3pm Arsenal news LIVE: Arteta manager talks continue with Man City, Alonso rejects Gunners move, Vieira linked
- 9pm Chelsea news LIVE: Ake LATEST, Boehly second takeover bid, Zaha transfer, Neymar battle, Werner and Dembele scouted
- 3pm Transfer news LIVE: Leicester join Arsenal and Man Utd in Demiral transfer race, Haaland LATEST, Neymar ‘must leave’
- Cardiff goalkeeper David Marshall set for Monday medical at Hull
- A cinema, a pool, a bar: inside the post-apocalyptic underground future
- Post Malone, BTS to Perform at Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve
- Vacation TV Spin-Off The Griswolds Is Coming to HBO Max
- Jarrod Bowen interview: Hull forward insists he's staying 'no matter what the interest'
- Want cheap energy bills? Move to a city
- Max Clifford: the rise and fall of the UK's king of spin
- Watch Gary Clark Jr.’s Film Noir Video for ‘Pearl Cadillac’
- Poker winner who netted £2million at world's biggest tournament living the dream - in a Yorkshire caravan park
- ‘I learned hope the hard way’: on the early days of Black Lives Matter
- US STOCKS-Futures gain as initial U.S.-China trade deal cools tensions; Boeing dips
- US STOCKS-Futures edge lower after Wall Street's record close; Boeing drops
- Arsenal target and Bordeaux boss Paulo Sousa tells club to sort his future asap after being lined up for Gunners job
- What would an entirely flood-proof city look like?
Hull City news live as Max Clark future to become clearer have 1038 words, post on www.hulldailymail.co.uk at June 6, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.