HCM City (VNA) – Ho Chi Minh City’s total retail and service revenue in the first six months of 2018 is estimated at 502.55 trillion VND (22.11 billion USD), up 11.7 percent over the same period last year.
According to the Ho Chi Minh City Department of Industry and Trade, the city currently has 239 traditional markets, 209 super markets, 42 trade centres and 1,609 convenience stores.
The domestic retail market has continued its stable development trend with last year’s revenue expanding 10.9 percent. The strong growth of the retail market is creating big chances for domestic production, trading and supply firms.
Nguyen Anh Duc, Deputy General Director of the Saigon Co.op said that recently, the firm has partnered with Singapore’s NTUC Fair Price to launch a convenience store chain called Cheers that opens 24 hours a day to meet the demand of customers. Duc added that 50 Cheers shops are expected to be opened across the country in 2018.
In the end of this year, the city has launched four price stabilization programmes in late 2018 with an aim to promote the market with the engagement of 90 enterprises and credit organisations.
Total capital to support enterprises joining the four programmes is 19.65 trillion VND, up 8.14 percent over that in 2017 with the same interest rate as that of last year from 5.5 to 10 percent per year.
At the same time, the city has focused on trademark building and enhancing prestige for the programmes as well as local enterprises and products engaging in the programmes by strengthening communications and supporting firms expanding market across the country.
The city has also assisted localities to implement the programmes, especially those in southeast and southwest regions. Logos of the programmes will be popularized to help customers recognise products sold during the programme. -VNA
- HCM City to host Asian-Pacific cities’ tourism promotion forum
- Indonesia's Coffee Retail Market Shows Lots of Promise: Study
- Internet of things (IOT) Retail Market
- Cement prices up in retail market
- Fashion Retailing Market 2018 Global Growth, Opportunities And Industry Analysis Forecast To 2020
- Kaufland Romania posts EUR 2.2 bn in turnover for 2017, remains leader of local retail market
- House of Fraser’s Stumble May Be the Boost Retail Needs
- Escaped inmate back in custody at Alexander City work release
- CBN boosts liquidity at retail market with $331.41m
- CBN boosts forex market with $210 million