Due to incessant rain in the neighbouring State of Arunachal Pradesh along with Lakhimpur and Dhemaji, the rivers began to overflow and submerged 15 villages, including Blockmukh, Goharaguri Trisul, Sakalaguri Napam Chinai and Dighali Bardoi under Subansiri Revenue Circle.
Similarly, Bardai, Chutiyakari, Betanipam, Betanihola, Ratuagaon Borbhag along with other seven villages under Gogamukh Revenue Circle were inundated by flash floods paralyzing normal life. The district administration arranged a flood relief camp at Bardoibam LP School where a total of 36 families are taking shelter. Though the administration supplied relief items to the affected people, no fodder was supplied for the affected animals.
The wild bird sanctuary at Bardoibam-Bilmukh has also come under flood fury. The overflowing water of the rivers rolled down on the Dhakuakhona-Gogamukh connecting PWD road at several places. The affected people have alleged that the unplanned construction of the Jiadhol-Kumatiya embankment was the root cause of the flood havoc in the area. The water level of the rivers continues to rise.
Meanwhile, according to a report of the Assam State Disaster Management Authority, altogether 1,94,197 people in 394 villages and localities across 13 revenue circles in the six districts of Dhemaji, Lakhimpur, Hojai, Cachar, Hailakandi, and Karimganj remained affected.
There has been no report of any loss to human life today even as the total death toll remained at 24 with 21 losing their lives in floods and three in landslide incidents.
The total crop area affected is 3,100 hectares with the highest area of 1,642 hectares reported at Gogamukh (1,280 hectares) and Sissborgaon (362 hectares) in Dhemaji district followed by Cachar (721 hectares), Hojai (657 hectares) and Subansiri (80 hectares) in Lakhimpur district.
A total of 37 relief camps and 96 relief distribution centres are still operational. There are 27, 954 inmates in the 133 camps.
Altogether 587.11 quintal of rice, 110.52 quintal of dal and 41.96 quintal of salt and 0.13 litres of M.oil besides other items including wheat and rice bran, and water pouches etc have been distributed.
- Freak flash floods hit several districts in Sabah
- Sabah flash floods: Five in Penampang relief centre so far, landslide along Penampang - Tambunan road
- Thunderstorms cause flash flooding and travel chaos - while other parts of UK bake in sun
- Sabah govt forms committee to handle, monitor flash floods, says Bung Moktar
- Takiyuddin: Flash flood in Yan was an act of God, not illegal logging
- Flash floods hit Kota Kinabalu and Penampang due to downpour on Wednesday (Sept 15)
- Flash Flood Submerges Southern French Villages and Fields, Hundreds of People Rescued
- Hundreds evacuated after flash floods hit southern France
- Sabah flash floods: Two dead from Forest Hill, Penampang landslide
- Tropical Storm Nicholas track LIVE – Flash flood warning & hurricane watch for Texas & Louisiana as huge storm nears
- Drain upgrade in Taman Slim Makmur to prevent flash floods
- Storm Nicholas hits Texas bringing flash floods and destroying buildings after Lousiana declares state of emergency
- Northern provinces warned of flash floods, landslides
- Flash flood submerges southern French villages, fields
- Flash Floods In Maryland Close Some Schools, Roads; Several Rescued In High Water, MSP Responds To More Than 500 Calls
- Acadiana region warned of potential flash flooding as Tropical Storm Nicholas continues to bring rain
- Takiyuddin: Gunung Jerai flash flood an act of God
- Body found in submerged car as rescuers search for flood victims in eastern Victoria
- Tribal families of Wayanad get modern flood-resilient houses
- Floods ruin public holiday
Flash flood inundates 25 villages in Lakhimpur & Dhemaji have 530 words, post on www.sentinelassam.com at June 25, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.