At the press conference to announce the 18th Vietnam International Agriculture Trade Fair (AgroViet 2018) to take place from June 28 to July 1 in Da Nang.
Themed “High-tech farm produces towards sustainable agricultural development,” the AgroViet 2018 gives a chance to boost international cooperation in agriculture, while connecting businesses and consumers, thus creating opportunities for enterprises to promote domestic market.
The event will honour high quality agro-forestry-fishery and handicraft products, and introduce new technologies in agricultural production.
With about 180 booths, the fair will showcase equipment and machines in agricultural production and processing, veterinary drugs, pesticide, safe agricultural and aquatic products, as well as animal and plant varieties.
The annual event, one of the biggest agriculture fair of Vietnam, will draw 18 agricultural firms from Thailand.
According to Dao Van Ho, Director of the Trade Promotion Centre for Agriculture, in order to enhance the image of Vietnamese agriculture in both domestic and foreign markets, the fair will highlight achievements in science, technology for producing safe and organic agricultural and aquatic products.
The fair will give spaces for provinces and enterprises to introduce their capacity and potential for investment attraction.
At the conference, the organising board also introduced a trade fair for safe farm produces with geographical indications (GI) and a Chi Lang custard-apple and Lang Son specialties week, which is slated for August 22-28 in Hanoi.
With 200 pavilions, the week will showcase safe and GI-certified agricultural products, along with Chi Lang custard-apple, flowers, and handicraft products of the northern mountainous province of Lang Son.
Currently, the province has over 2,800 hectares of custard-apple trees with an output of over 26,000 tonnes. Of the total, 152 hectares are cultivated towards VietGAP standards and 5 hectares to GlobalGAP standards. Last year, sale revenue from the fruit reached over 700 billion VND.
Custard-apple of Lang Son is ripe from the middle of the fifth month to the ninth month of the lunar calendar.
Besides, a Chi Lang custard-apple day will be held in mid-August in Lang Son province.
- CVS announces Crave RI charity food festival slated for June 20-21
- First Democratic 2020 debates set for late June in Miami
- CareTrust REIT Announces Fourth Quarter and Fiscal 2018 Operating Results
- DA to dismiss murder charge against Harris County deputy in strangulation case
- News24.com | What the four DA candidates vying for James Selfe's position have to offer
- DA: Mother charged in son's death, 20 years after she shook him as an infant
- City Councilman Allen Warren release critical letter, condemning DA, Sacramento Police
- Electronic monitoring ends in case involving ex-DA staffer
- Redfin Fourth-Quarter 2018 Revenue up 30% Year-over-Year to $124.1 Million
- ‘Not everyone gets the benefit of the Baker family’: Suffolk County DA Rachael Rollins takes aim at governor’s son