A couple of new details have emerged about Julian Edelman’s positive test for performance enhancing drugs.
Edelman’s “I don’t know what happened’’ explanation is somewhat warranted given that the substance wasn’t “immediately recognizable’’ and is now being analyzed, according to The MMQB.
The MMQB also reported the test came in the offseason “a couple months ago,’’ ruling out a possible stimulant. (Stimulants are included in the substances of abuse policy, separate from the PED policy.)
Edelman, who is appealing his suspension, apologized on an Instagram story last week, writing, in part, “I’ve taken many, many tests obviously over the course of my career and nothing like this has ever happened.’’
It is unclear when a ruling on the appeal might come down.
Edelman, who was sidelined last season due to an ACL tear, will lose out on nearly $1 million if the suspension is upheld: $470,588 in salary, $125,000 in roster bonuses, and $392,157 of his signing bonus goes back to the Patriots, which is mandatory for PED suspensions.
He hasn’t worn a brace during the team’s offseason activities, doesn’t anticipate wearing one during the season, and went out of his way to praise those who helped in his rehab during a meeting with the media Tuesday.
Edelman trains with Alex Guerrero, who defended his methods Thursday night.
“I’ve known Julian since his rookie year and he is a phenomenal athlete who takes his training seriously — it’s disappointing to hear today’s news,’’ Guerrero said in a statement released Thursday. “Elite athletes sometimes work with multiple coaches and health professionals as part of their training.
“Here at our facility, we take a natural, holistic, appropriate and, above all, legal approach to training and recovery for all of our clients. And anyone who would suggest otherwise is irresponsible, and just plain wrong.’’
The biggest headlines, delivered to your inbox
Get news as it happens. Sign up for Boston.com’s email news alerts.
Thanks for signing up!
- Details Emerge On Julian Edelman’s Injury Situation
- Former ASADA chief Richard Ings accuses Swimming Australia of trying to cover up Shayna Jack positive test
- New DNA bombshell and other revelations in unsolved Sherri Papini kidnap
- 'Have you forgotten what you said two minutes ago?' Julian Castro, 44, astonishes Democrats by hinting that Joe Biden, 76, is struggling with his memory as they clash on health care
- Boris’s blue wall: Prime Minister poses with his 109 new Tory MPs who will help him to 'Get Brexit Done' as the Conservatives flex their muscles in Westminster - and he shores up his Cabinet by making Nicky Morgan a PEER
- Australia Vs New Zealand, Day-Night Test: Starc burst puts hosts in command after Hazlewood injury on Day 2
- Poor turnout on first real test for Sydney’s new $2.9 billion light rail
- O'Rourke struggles, Castro emerges and Warren avoids trouble in Democratic debate
- BMW Showcases Emergency Vehicle Attire For Several Models
- India's Day-Night Test takeaways: Batting approach and the willingness to play abroad
- New wave of online peer review and discussion tools frightens some scientists
- This Couple Is Wading In The Depths Of The Ukraine Conspiracy Theory — And Having A Blast
- Lower Merion Township Police Hiring New Officers
- The new science of cute
- Martin Lewis: Student 'loans' to be scrapped and grants brought back in new plan
- The A-Z of Brexit: A Guide to Britain’s New Politics
- Are crystals the new blood diamonds?
- Boris Johnson makes Nicky Morgan a PEER to allow her to continue to serve as Culture Secretary as he appoints Simon Hart as his new Welsh Secretary but keeps his powder dry for a massive post-Brexit reshuffle in February
- N’Keal Harry Steps Up, Provides Patriots Offense With Much-Needed Boost
- Formlabs Form 2 review (updated for 2018)
A couple new details about Julian Edelman’s positive PED test emerge have 610 words, post on www.boston.com at June 11, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.