Indian Ambassador to Vietnam Parvathaneni Harish speaks at the press conference on June 11. Photo: Ha Phuong
The International Day of Yoga in Vietnam will open with a two-hour mass performance Yoga Protocol by more than 1,200 Vietnamese Yoga lovers, followed by musical performance by an Indian band at the Hanoi Indoors Gymnasium (Cung Dien Kinh), Tran Huu Tuoc street, Nam Tu Liem district, Hanoi.
Indian Ambassador to Vietnam Parvathaneni Harish expressed his appreciation at the large number of Vietnamese people who took part in the event last year. “Yoga is harmony between yin and yang, man and nature, and male and female. Vietnamese people are clearly aware of this harmony,” said the ambassador.
The Consulate General of India in Ho Chi Minh City will separately celebrate the International Day of Yoga on Saturday, June 23. In addition to Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, the Embassy of India in Hanoi and Bao Viet Life in collaboration with governments of nine other provinces will also be organizing yoga events to celebrate the fourth International Day of Yoga.
Yoga is a 5,000-year-old physical, mental and spiritual practice having its origin in India, which aims to transform both body and mind. On December 11, 2014, the United Nations General Assembly declared June 21 as the International Day of Yoga.
The declaration came after the call for the adoption of June 21 as International Day of Yoga by Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his address to the UN General Assembly on September 27, 2014.
- “Moscow Days in Hanoi” event promises various activities
- International Day of Democracy 2019: Theme, significance and why it's celebrated
- International Day Of Tolerance 2019: Know About The Date, History And Significance Of The Day
- Victoria Beckham posts touching video of Harper celebrating World Kindness Day
- NEMA warms for International Day for Disaster Risk Reduction
- Hundreds of identical twins celebrate gadget-free day in Chennai school
- Google celebrates Children's Day with a doodle
- Google doodle celebrates Children's Day with a 'Walking Tree'
- Super dad! Chris Hemsworth celebrates Father's Day with his gorgeous twin boys and wife Elsa Pataky during family outing in Byron Bay
- Google celebrates Children's Day with a 'Walking Tree' doodle by seven-year-old