TRAVEL 05/15/2018 12:10 pm ET Updated May 15, 2018 The airline released a list of prohibited animals after seeing a 40 percent rise in onboard companions. By Nina Golgowski 810 American Airlines is setting some new ground rules on emotional support animals, barring companions like spiders, hedgehogs, goats and snakes from taking flight. The airline unveiled a list of prohibited animals on Monday after it said a growing number of passengers have taken or attempted to take a range of animals on board planes for emotional support ― including a peacock, pig and hamster on other airlines. From 2016 to 2017, the airline said it saw a 40 percent rise in service or support animals on its aircraft — similar to increases at other airlines like Delta and United, which made similar changes this year. “At American, we want to have policies and procedures in place that protect our team members and our customers who have a real need for a trained service or support animal,” American said in a statement. The changes, which will go into effect on June 1, include requiring a minimum of 48 hours’ notice that the support animal will be flying and proper documentation to allow the airline to contact the passenger’s… Read full this story
- Flying with your pet or emotional support animal? Here's your airline's pet policy
- 5 reasons American Airlines says it shouldn't have to allow emotional support animals
- Here's how many American Airlines pilots will be affected by the upcoming St. Louis base closure
- American Airlines to stop using plastic straws
- American Airlines to offer nonstop flights between Philly and Morocco starting in June 2020
- American Airlines canceled more flights than any US carrier in July: 'It was a tough summer for us'
- American Airlines to go bamboo, eliminate plastic straws from cabins and lounges
- American Airlines loses dog between San Francisco and Raleigh, dog winds up in Philly
- Catering cart causes chaos at Chicago airport, but American Airlines employee saves the day
- Catering cart causes chaos at Chicago airport, but American Airlines employee saves the day - CNN
Your Emotional Support Spider And Goat Are Now Banned On American Airlines have 347 words, post on www.huffingtonpost.com at May 15, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.