Indian and Malaysian armies are doing a joint military exercise and this is the second phase of the exercise. “Harimau Shakti’ began today in which two armies are battling and practising against each other.
Here are the major facts about the exercise.
1: The exercise is being conducted in forests in Malaysia under tough and humid environment.
2: During the field training exercise, Indian army’s combat engineers defused the Improvised Explosive Device (IED).
3: The sappers team from 3 Engineer regiment of the Indian Army are training with the Malaysian Army combat engineers as a part of their first joint exercise.
4: The joint exercise, which will go on till May 13, is aimed at sharing the expertise of both the contingents in conducting counterinsurgency operations in a jungle terrain.
5: The Malaysian contingent is being represented by troops from 1 Royal Ranger Regiment and the Royal Malay Regiment, known for their experience in jungle warfare.
The military exercise comes a month after the Indian Air Force’s massive exercise named Gagan Shakti.
From Sukhoi 30 to C-17, over 1,000 aircraft participated in the largest exercise of the Indian Air Force in three decades.
The military exercise began on April 10 and concluded on April 23. The IAF mobilised more than 1,100 combat, transport and rotary wing (helicopter) aircraft in order to practice the real time scenario. The day and night exercise, was being conducted along Pakistan border in the Western areas. The forces later switched to China border in the Northern areas.
As per the protocol, both Pakistan and China were informed about the military exercise. However, the sheer scale of Gagan Shakti may have worried Islamabad and Beijing. All this despite the fact that the Indian Air Force has just 31 fighter squadron instead of 42 required for a two-front war.
In order to maintain optimum turn around, keeping the aircraft Combat ready; Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) and Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) had placed their technicians at the maintenance bases.
- Covid-19 update: Nizamuddin markaz trail widens; coronavirus cases in India hit 2,000
- Not religion, the Markaz crisis is about health, and irresponsibility | Opinion
- Markaz trail widens; cases hit 2,000
- Once it's safe again, you can travel to all these countries visa-free
- Coronavirus latest: US health chief warns of '9/11 moment'
- Coronavirus latest: Wuhan reopens after two-month lockdown
- Coronavirus update: Australian cases rise above 30 as expert warns more are 'inevitable', travel advisory to Italy issued
- Coronavirus updates: More Australians returning from Iran diagnosed, hospitals brace for influx of patients
What Is Harimau Shakti? All You Need To Know About India-Malaysia's Exercise On Jungle Warfare have 403 words, post on www.indiatimes.com at May 7, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.